Home » Archive

Articles tagged with: 2011

Book News, Headline, KPSimmon »

[22 Dec 2011 | 13 Comments | ]

On the 10th day of Christmas, Bookshelf Banter suggests to me… Dystopias, Time-Slips, Vampires, and Fantasies!
We are posting our TOP 12 Books in 2011… And, if you missed them you need to read them in 2012!
Day 10

Krystal: Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Stefanie: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Kelly: The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
Kallie: Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Book News, Headline, KPSimmon »

[21 Dec 2011 | 5 Comments | ]
On the 9th Day of Christmas...

On the 9th day of Christmas, Bookshelf Banter suggests to me… Dystopias and Fantasies!
We are posting our TOP 12 Books in 2011… And, if you missed them you need to read them in 2012!
Day 9

Krystal: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Stefanie: Divergent by Veronica Roth
Kelly: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Kallie: Clockwork Angel/Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Book News, Headline, KPSimmon »

[20 Dec 2011 | No Comment | ]

On the 8th day of Christmas, Bookshelf Banter suggests to me… Friendship, Wars, Vampires, and Fairies!
We are posting our TOP 12 Books in 2011… And, if you missed them you need to read them in 2012!
Day 8

Krystal: Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares
Stefanie: The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa
Kelly: The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
Kallie: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Book News, Headline, KPSimmon »

[19 Dec 2011 | No Comment | ]
On the 7th Day of Christmas...

On the 7th Day of Christmas, my Bookshelf Banter gave to me…four great books to keep my happy!
We are posting our TOP 12 Books in 2011… And, if you missed them you need to read them in 2012!
Day 7

Krystal: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Stefanie: The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge
Kelly: Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Kallie: Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf »

[11 Oct 2011 | 5 Comments | ]
Brand New On The Bookshelf: Tuesday's New Releases

Here are the new and notable book releases for Tuesday, October 11:
Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2 by Stephenie Meyer and Young Kim

Devoted by Hilary Duff

The Death Cure by James Dashner

The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks

Bunheads by Sophie Flack

Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday

Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf »

[3 Oct 2011 | No Comment | ]
Brand New On The Bookshelf: Tuesday's New Releases

Here are the new and notable book releases for Tuesday, October 4.  Which ones are you excited to read?
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

The Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver

Eve by Anna Carey

Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf »

[26 Sep 2011 | 4 Comments | ]
Brand New On The Bookshelf: Tuesday's New Releases

Here are the new and notable book releases for September 27, 2011 (and boy, are there some good ones this week)!
A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

If I Die by Rachel Vincent

The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Lost In Time by Melissa De La Cruz

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (Sept. 29)

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson

Nightwoods by Charles Frazier

The Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories by Dr. Seuss

Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Headline »

[12 Sep 2011 | 6 Comments | ]
Brand New On The Bookshelf: Tuesday's New Releases

Here are the new and notable book releases for Tuesday, September 13.
After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel

Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan

Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Fateful by Claudia Gray

Perfect by Ellen Hopkins

Dreamland by Alyson Noël

Frost by Marianna Baer

So Silver Bright by Lisa Mantchev

Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf »

[6 Sep 2011 | No Comment | ]
Brand New On The Bookshelf: Tuesday's New Releases

Here are the new and notable book releases for the week of Tuesday, September 6:
Shut Out by Kody Keplinger

The Shattering by Karen Healey

Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs

Vanish by Sophie Jordan

The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle

Shelter by Harlan Coben

Book Club, Headline, Kallieross, KPSimmon, Krystal, Reviews, Stefanie »

[1 Sep 2011 | 9 Comments | ]
Our Top Summer Reads For 2011!

September, you’ve once again managed to come out of nowhere.  While you may be packing up those beach towels and bathing suits, one thing that doesn’t need to be put away are our memories of those great summer reads.  We thought we’d share some of the fantastic books we’ve all read this season, and we’d love to hear what you’ve read and loved as well!
Here are our Top 5 (or 6, or 7) Summer Reads, in no particular order 🙂
Kallie’s Picks:

1. HourCurse… It’s a tie!  Hourglass by Myra McEntire and …