Home » Archive

Articles in the 5 Books Category

4 Books, 5 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Children's, Children's Books, Contest, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Middle Grade, Mystery/Suspense, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff »

[4 Mar 2014 | 6 Comments | ]
Secrets, Spies & Sherlock Blog Tour

Welcome to Day 7 of the SECRETS, SPIES & SHERLOCK BLOG TOUR, featuring two exciting new middle grade mystery series: Sherlock, Lupin & Me: The Dark Lady by Irene Adler and Secrets & Spies: Treason by Jo Macauley. Each stop on the 2-week tour will feature fun posts and a chance to win a set of finished copies of the books!  Today’s post features The Dark Lady by Irene Adler.

5 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Historical, Kallieross, Mystery/Suspense, Ratings, Reviews, Romance, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[19 Sep 2013 | 4 Comments | ]
A Spark Unseen Blog Hop - Day 9

We are so excited to be a part of the ‘A Spark Unseen’ Blog Hop!  I’ve read both The Dark Unwinding (Book 1) and A Spark Unseen (Book 2), and love both! One of my favorite characters is Uncle Tully. He is an amazing inventor, with a quirky way of getting things done. Today we get to bring you some fun facts about Uncle Tully…

“It was for this those men upstairs had come, for the strange and wonderful contents of my uncle’s mind. And they could not have it.”
                                                                                                -Katharine, A Spark Unseen

Five things The …

5 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[25 Jul 2013 | 3 Comments | ]
Body & Blood: The Survivors Series by Amanda Havard

Episode 1: Ruled By Secrecy by Muse

The Body & Blood Soundtrack Sessions follow Amanda Havard as she talks about each song found on the soundtrack for the third book in THE SURVIVORS SERIES, Body & Blood, and performs exclusive acoustic versions of each song. Want more Survivors soundtrack music? Check out the rest of the B&B Sessions, the original songs written exclusively for the series, and the full soundtrack!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

About BODY & BLOOD:
How many answers you seek are just a part of you, waiting to be found?
The game has changed.
Fresh from her first …

5 Books, Book News, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[12 Apr 2013 | No Comment | ]
ID: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Let me preface this review with a warning… I am a blubbering idiot about this series ending!  If you haven’t watched the video below, then you’ve been spared the embarrassment of my brain going into meltdown mode.  Of course, I thought it would be clever to record my thoughts immediately finishing Clockwork Princess, needless to say that I won’t be doing that again.
Now that I have taken three days to compose myself, in addition to being unable to pick up another book because my head and heart are healing from …

5 Books, Children's, Children's Books, Fiction, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Reviews, Science Fiction, Score, Staff »

[26 Mar 2013 | No Comment | ]
The Ultra Violets by Sophie Bell

The Ultra Violets, by Sophie Bell, is an ultra-awesome Middle Grade novel, that is going to take your kids on an adventure to Sync City with a purple-haired pre-teen, Iris, and the rest of her friends!  I have to admit that while I am an avid reader, my own daughter takes some encouraging in the subject.  When The Ultra Violets arrived in the mailbox, I had to convince my daughter to let me read the brilliant, purple-covered book first. While the cover is extremely inviting, you’ll be pleased to know that the …

4 Books, 5 Books, Book News, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[11 Feb 2013 | 7 Comments | ]
Review of The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

The Indigo Spell, by Richelle Mead, is the third novel in the Bloodlines Series.  The spin-off, from the Vampire Academy Series, is actually my favorite series by Mead.  Penguin Teen has created a lot of buzz with the release of The Indigo Spell, and it surrounds a mysterious character named Marcus Finch.  Sydney, an alchemist charged with protecting vampires, is intrigues by Finch and his indigo tattoo.  In her search to find answers, and Finch, she also gets pulled further in to the world of witches.  All of this on …

5 Books, Adult Books, Author Interview, Author Interviews, Blog Tour, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Fantasy, Fiction, Genre, Headline, KPSimmon, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Romance, Score, Staff »

[2 Jan 2013 | One Comment | ]
The Trouble With Fate & an Interview with Leigh Evans

I feel like I have been waiting forever to share this book with you! I was given the opportunity to read THE TROUBLE WITH FATE by Leigh Evans about a year ago when it was still in the process of being published by St. Martin’s, and I fell in love with the story and the characters. Hedi is one of those chicks that I completely loved to read. Her voice was refreshing and totally kicka** to be honest, which is much like the author once you get to know her. Evans …

5 Books, Book News, Contest, Dystopia, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[30 Nov 2012 | No Comment | ]
Reached by Ally Condie: Review & Contest

This week we are bringing you a review of Reached, by Ally Condie, as well as a contest.  This highly anticipated conclusion to The Matched Trilogy does not disappoint!  Cassia, Ky, and Xander reach for the life they never knew they wanted.
You can check out more of what I think of Reached in the video below, and you can also enter to win one of three Matched Trilogy posters!  The contest will be held December 1st through December 5th.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

More About Reached:
After leaving Society and desperately searching for the …

5 Books, Blog Tour, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Genre, Headline, KPSimmon, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[8 Nov 2012 | 2 Comments | ]
Trinity Faegen's The Mephisto Kiss Blog Tour

Okay, so I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am that we get to be a part of this blog tour. Trinity Faegen is one of my absolute favorite authors with a fantastic series, The Mephisto Series. We even interviewed her a while back, and you can check out that interview HERE. And to say that I think you will want to read this series is an understatement.

And now…This. The second book of the series, THE MEPHISTO KISS, is coming out!! First, can we just be real for …

5 Books, Fandom, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[12 Oct 2012 | No Comment | ]
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

~
I give Throne of Glass 5 books on my bookshelf!  Not only is it one more amazing YA series that seriously has me thinking it would be cool to be an assassin, but it is full of rich characters with captivating stories.  While Maas has a love for fairy tales, her work has the strength of an epic fantasy.  If you enjoy stories like Rift (by Andrea Cremer), Grave Mercy (by Robin LaFevers),  Legacy of Tril: Soulbound (by Heather Brewer), and Graceling (by Kristin Cashore) you will honestly be captivated …