Home » Archive

Articles in the Headline Category

4 Books, Contemporary, Fiction, Gaby, Genre, Headline, New Adult, Paranormal, Reviews, Romance, Score, Staff »

[9 Dec 2013 | No Comment | ]
Heart Breaths by K.K.Hendin

“New Adult” is a frustrating genre for me.  Since I am an “older” Young Adult reader.  A genre that focuses on more mature characters sounds really appealing.   Too frequently, I have found the label “New Adult” meant very violent or highly sexual situations for the older characters.  These two characteristics are the reason I shy away from some of the adult books.  So I have been very picky with what I read in the “New Adult” genre.  I am very pleased to say that Heart Breaths by K.K. Hendin was a pleasant surprise.
The …

Contest, Fandom, Headline, Kallieross, Young Adult Books »

[22 Nov 2013 | One Comment | ]
@KallieRoss's Week 4 #thanksGIVING Giveaway

Congrats to Week 4’s winner, Natalie!
This is Week 4 of GIVING away a ton of Young Adult and Middle Grade books this November to show my THANKS! There are a few authors that have donated their own novels in thanks, and I hope you are able to make some new connections. The cool thing about this giveaway is that I’ll be picking one winner each Friday, and the winner will be receiving 12 (or more) books as the prize! I will be shipping to any U.S. address, so spread the …

Adult Books, Children's, Children's Books, Contest, Fandom, Fantasy, Fiction, Folk/Fairy Tales, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Middle Grade, Paranormal, Ratings, Romance, Science Fiction, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[13 Nov 2013 | 231 Comments | ]
@KallieRoss's Nov. 8th-14th #thanksGIVING Giveaway

Congrats to the winner, Tracey!
(@traceyra)
Week #2: November 8-14, 2013
Again, I’m GIVING away a ton of Young Adult and Middle Grade books (with a few Adult novels) this November to show my THANKS! There are a few authors that have donated their own novels in thanks, and I hope you are able to make some new connections. The cool thing about this giveaway is that I’ll be picking one winner each Friday, and the winner will be receiving 12 (or more) books as the prize! I will be shipping to any …

4 Books, Fandom, Headline, Melissa, Reviews, Young Adult Books »

[12 Nov 2013 | 6 Comments | ]
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

This book was such a happy surprise.  Although I have read and loved all of Maggie Stiefvater’s books, this latest series was not something that appealed to me from the book blurb.  Fortunately for me, a quick visit to my BFF’s bookshelf, convinced me to give it a chance and I am so glad.  I could not put this book down.  Every twist and turn was a surprise for me.  I can’t figure out where the story is headed and I love that.  The story of Blue and her Raven …

Book News, Contest, Fandom, Headline, Kallieross »

[5 Nov 2013 | No Comment | ]
Nov.1-7 #thanksGIVING Giveaway!

Well, if you haven’t heard by now, I’m GIVING away a ton of Young Adult and Middle Grade books (with a few Adult novels) this November to show my THANKS! There are a few authors that have donated their own novels in thanks, and I hope you are able to make some new connections. The cool thing about this giveaway is that I’ll be picking one winner each week, and the winner will be receiving 12 (or more) books as the prize! I will be shipping to any U.S. address, …

4 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Contest, Fandom, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[5 Oct 2013 | 8 Comments | ]
EXCLUSIVE: Veiled Shadows by Morgan Wylie

EXCLUSIVE: Markings in Alandria
In Alandria, each race of magical beings have a visible mark—a tattoo—that shows itself when the individual comes of age, which is also when their magic reaches its maturity in abilities. The markings all have similar iridescent greenish-blue color for a specific reason (that I can’t tell you yet—Eeek!). Now, of course, most individuals know what race they belong to—it’s not a secret—but it helps to identify between the races. Alandrian markings are called Srontas. There are some other qualities to these markings that will begin to …

Blog Tour, Book News, Contest, Genre, Headline, Paranormal »

[24 Sep 2013 | No Comment | ]

a Rafflecopter giveaway

“Our fires burn brightly for our readers and as a way to say thanks to our readers we’ve launched our latest division of Entangled Teen and it’s name is Ember. We have two exciting launch titles: Darker Days by Jus Accardo and Chaos by Christine O’Neil. Read away!” Entangled Teen Ember is a division of Entangled Teen that specializes in digital-first YAs
Chaos by Christine O’Neil
Darker Days by Jus Accardo

Synopsis:
Chaos:
My name is Maggie Raynard. After sixteen years being just plain me, suddenly, when I lose my temper, my fingers become …

5 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Historical, Kallieross, Mystery/Suspense, Ratings, Reviews, Romance, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[19 Sep 2013 | 4 Comments | ]
A Spark Unseen Blog Hop - Day 9

We are so excited to be a part of the ‘A Spark Unseen’ Blog Hop!  I’ve read both The Dark Unwinding (Book 1) and A Spark Unseen (Book 2), and love both! One of my favorite characters is Uncle Tully. He is an amazing inventor, with a quirky way of getting things done. Today we get to bring you some fun facts about Uncle Tully…

“It was for this those men upstairs had come, for the strange and wonderful contents of my uncle’s mind. And they could not have it.”
                                                                                                -Katharine, A Spark Unseen

Five things The …

Blog Tour, Book News, Fandom, Genre, Headline, New Adult, Paranormal, Ratings »

[5 Sep 2013 | No Comment | ]
The Storytellers by Laura Elliot

Blog Tour
The Storytellers
By Laura Elliott

Synopsis:
Four storytellers
One ancient demon
No way out…
Four women who call themselves The Storytellers have gathered one hot August evening to tell tales, as they have for years. But on this night, they unknowingly evoke the powers of an ancient Mayan idol that breathes real life into their stories. The Mayan idol isn’t the only ancient being awakened. A power-hungry demon is determined to see the women fail and become enslaved to him forever.
Now the women’s lives depend on surviving each other’s stories, defeating the demon and solving …

Fandom, Headline, Movie News »

[14 Aug 2013 | 4 Comments | ]
The First "Vampire Academy" Trailer Is Here!

The very first trailer for the upcoming Vampire Academy movie adaptation is finally here! The film, officially titled “Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters,” hits theaters on Valentine’s Day 2014. Check out the video below to see your favorite St Vladimir’s characters come to life!