Home » Archive

Articles in the Brand New On The Bookshelf Category

4 Books, 5 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Children's, Children's Books, Contest, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Middle Grade, Mystery/Suspense, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff »

[4 Mar 2014 | 6 Comments | ]
Secrets, Spies & Sherlock Blog Tour

Welcome to Day 7 of the SECRETS, SPIES & SHERLOCK BLOG TOUR, featuring two exciting new middle grade mystery series: Sherlock, Lupin & Me: The Dark Lady by Irene Adler and Secrets & Spies: Treason by Jo Macauley. Each stop on the 2-week tour will feature fun posts and a chance to win a set of finished copies of the books!  Today’s post features The Dark Lady by Irene Adler.

5 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[25 Jul 2013 | 3 Comments | ]
Body & Blood: The Survivors Series by Amanda Havard

Episode 1: Ruled By Secrecy by Muse

The Body & Blood Soundtrack Sessions follow Amanda Havard as she talks about each song found on the soundtrack for the third book in THE SURVIVORS SERIES, Body & Blood, and performs exclusive acoustic versions of each song. Want more Survivors soundtrack music? Check out the rest of the B&B Sessions, the original songs written exclusively for the series, and the full soundtrack!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

About BODY & BLOOD:
How many answers you seek are just a part of you, waiting to be found?
The game has changed.
Fresh from her first …

Blog Tour, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Children's, Children's Books, Contest, Fiction, Headline, KPSimmon, Middle Grade, Ratings, Staff »

[28 Jan 2013 | 15 Comments | ]
The Night The Moon Ate My Room: Excerpt & Giveaway!

We are thrilled to get to host Jesse Wilson and his new book THE NIGHT THE MOON ATE MY ROOM! We have a special excerpt to share with you and a giveaway! Read below and enter to win!
SYNOPSIS:
The moon was bright and full that night, bigger than I could ever even remember it.
Maybe because it was moving towards me…
After giving the worst violin recital of his life, and being laughed at by the entire school, the boy vows to never play music again. Later that night, when the moon swallows …

5 Books, Adult Books, Author Interview, Author Interviews, Blog Tour, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Fantasy, Fiction, Genre, Headline, KPSimmon, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Romance, Score, Staff »

[2 Jan 2013 | One Comment | ]
The Trouble With Fate & an Interview with Leigh Evans

I feel like I have been waiting forever to share this book with you! I was given the opportunity to read THE TROUBLE WITH FATE by Leigh Evans about a year ago when it was still in the process of being published by St. Martin’s, and I fell in love with the story and the characters. Hedi is one of those chicks that I completely loved to read. Her voice was refreshing and totally kicka** to be honest, which is much like the author once you get to know her. Evans …

5 Books, Blog Tour, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Genre, Headline, KPSimmon, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[8 Nov 2012 | 2 Comments | ]
Trinity Faegen's The Mephisto Kiss Blog Tour

Okay, so I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am that we get to be a part of this blog tour. Trinity Faegen is one of my absolute favorite authors with a fantastic series, The Mephisto Series. We even interviewed her a while back, and you can check out that interview HERE. And to say that I think you will want to read this series is an understatement.

And now…This. The second book of the series, THE MEPHISTO KISS, is coming out!! First, can we just be real for …

3 Books, 4 Books, Author Interview, Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Coming Soon, Contest, Fiction, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, KPSimmon, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[22 May 2012 | 4 Comments | ]
Want by Stephanie Lawton

It’s always a fun day when we get to bring you lots of fun and goodies from a debut author and their debut novel. Today, we are bringing you an interview with Stephanie Lawton, author of WANT, a YA Contemporary Fiction. We are also doing a GIVEAWAY of an E-copy of WANT for you as well. To top it all off, you can read and watch Kallie and Kelly’s reviews of WANT. It’s a post full of excitement!
Stephanie Lawton Interview
Who would you cast as your main characters if your book …

4 Books, Author Interview, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Coming Soon, Contest, Fiction, Genre, KPSimmon, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[27 Apr 2012 | No Comment | ]
Pretty Amy by Lisa Burstein

For information about our Pretty Amy giveaway and to see an interview with Lisa Burstein, GO HERE!
I finished reading Lisa Burstein’s Pretty Amy this afternoon. It was a lovely and painful read for me, and I know I should explain that more fully so as not to be misunderstood. Do not think painful means it was hard for me to get through. That is not the case at all. There are two reasons I say it was a lovely and painful read for me.
First, It was painful for me because …

Author Interview, Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Coming Soon, Contest, Fiction, Genre, Headline, KPSimmon, Ratings, Young Adult Books »

[27 Apr 2012 | 2 Comments | ]
Pretty Amy Blog Tour & A Giveaway

We are super excited to be a part of Lisa Burstein’s Pretty Amy Blog Tour today! We have a wonderful interview with Lisa, as well as a GIVEAWAY of Pretty Amy in e-book form. Keep reading to learn more about Pretty Amy, Lisa Burstein, and how YOU can WIN your own copy of this fantastic book!
Here’s the Book Synopsis from Amazon.com:

Amy is fine living in the shadows of beautiful Lila and uber-cool Cassie, because at least she’s somewhat beautiful and uber-cool by association. But when their dates stand them up …

5 Books, Adult Books, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Fiction, Genre, Historical, Kallieross, KPSimmon, Mystery/Suspense, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[17 Apr 2012 | 2 Comments | ]
The Book of Lost Fragrances by MJ Rose

Recently, I had the opportunity to pick up a Galley of MJ Rose’s The Book of Lost Fragrances. Lately, I seem to have been spending a lot of time with books of the paranormal, dystopian, or fantasy genre, so I was surprised when I read about this book and couldn’t get it off my mind. The synopsis was awesome and pulled me in right away. Here’s the synopsis from Amazon.com:
“A sweeping and suspenseful tale of secrets, intrigue, and lovers separated by time, all connected through the mystical qualities of a perfume …

4 Books, Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Fiction, KPSimmon, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[7 Mar 2012 | 2 Comments | ]
Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz

I can’t even explain how excited I was when I got my hands on Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz. After reading Shultz’s first book, Spellbound, I knew this was going to be a series I would love. You can read my review of Spellbound here. You can also read our interview with Cara Lynn Shultz here.
Back to Spellcaster: Every time I get to a second book, I am always a little bit apprehensive. Will the sophomore edition live up to my expectations? Will I still be in love with the …