Home » 5 Books, Author Interview, Blog Tour, Book News, Contest, Fandom, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books

Blog Tour: Anew by Chelsea Fine

17 September 2012 12 Comments

INTERVIEW

Hi Chelsea!  We are very excited to learn more about you and this amazing series you’ve written!

1. Taking a look at ChelseaFineBooks.com, we have found that you are a fantasy/romance junkie that is obsessed with the CW (formerly WB)… What books and television shows have been an inspiration to you over the years?

Chelsea: Great question. I love talking about TV shows! 🙂 The most influential television show in my adult life (I’m assuming my childhood obsession with Scooby-Doo doesn’t count) would have to be Smallville. Ahhh! 🙂 I’m a total Superman Fangirl and Smallville was my whole world while it was on the air. I was a total nerd about it. I even made a T-shirt that said “Smallville” and I still own it. I’m “that” girl. Haha. Smallville was a great inspiration for me when I first started writing because it was all high school, tough choices, betrayal and true love. *sigh*

Another great television inspiration–though more recent–is Vampire Diaries. Who doesn’t love this show? I read the Vampire Diaries books when they first came out (like twenty years ago) so when I saw that there would be a TV show I was like, “Shut. Up.” I’m totally Team Damon. Though I must admit, Jeremy’s pretty cute too. 😉  TVD is especially inspirational for me because, like my Archers of Avalon series, it is a story about two brothers in love with the same girl—the most tragic love triangle of all. Bring on the drama! Haha.

2. In Anew: The Archers of Avalon, you introduce a love triangle that is epic… Have you ever been in a love triangle?  If so, how did that go? If not, would you want to be?

Chelsea: I have not ever been in a love triangle. But I’m pretty sure, in real life, I would not wish to be part of one. While they make fantastic elements of drama and teen angst, broken hearts are really painful. And the unfortunate thing about a love triangle is that someone usually ends up with a battered heart. So no real life love triangles for me. HOWEVER (here comes the disclaimer) should I ever become a fictional character in a book or television show, I would very much enjoy two hot guys fighting for my affections. Preferably without shirts on. 😉

3. Out of Scarlet, Gabriel, and Tristan who is your favorite character to write about?  Why?

Chelsea: Tristan! Hands down. Tristan is tormented and broken and I really feel him when I’m writing his character. When I write a scene from Tristan’s point of view, I don’t have to think. I just type and type and his story falls out of me. It’s natural and honest and I rarely struggle to articulate what he’s going through. I connect with his ideals and decisions and I’ve really loved writing his transformation through the years. He used to be happy and free, but over time his circumstances have hardened his character. I like writing the hardness when I know the softness is just beneath.  Also, he’s mad gorgeous and I really, really want to make out with him. 😉 Hey! Maybe he could be part of my fictional love triangle!

4. Which character do you relate to most?  Why?

Chelsea: Hahaha. Heather. I’m laughing right now because, sadly, I am just like her. She’s blond, annoying, and talks a lot. TOTALLY ME! Haha. I think what I identify most with in Heather, though, is her optimism. She is hopeful and resilient, and she wants to believe in people. I’d like to think I carry some of those same traits, especially when it comes to my friendships.

5. I love your playlists for each novel on TheArchersofAvalon.com… If you could pick ONE song that represented Anew, which would it be?

Chelsea: Ahhh!!! Such a tough question. Okay….I’m thinking…thinking, thinking, thinking… Cosmic Love by Florence+The Machine. I pretty much developed my entire series while jogging to this song. I kept it on repeat and just kept running while the storyline blossomed in my head. To this day, when I hear Cosmic Love, I think of my Archers of Avalonseries.

6. This is called ‘The Archers of Avalon Series’… Can you tell us how many novels we can look forward to?

Chelsea: Okay, it’s SUPPOSED to be only three. The third (and potentially final) book comes out this December. BUT…there is a really tiny chance that it may end up being four books. Gasp! The problem I’m running into is that I have so much story to tell–I don’t know how I’m going to cram all the final pieces into just one book. Unless, of course, that book is 800 pages long. In which case, it could also double as a gigantic doorstop. Haha. So, yeah. Maybe three books. Maybe four. Maybe nine. We’ll see… 😉

Speed Round:  Just pick one from each line…

Roswell or Smallville   SMALLVILLE! (But this was a tough choice because Roswell was freaking awesome!)

Beach or Mountain   Hmm…Beach. No, mountain! Wait, no. Beach. Beach.

Mortality or Immortality   Mortality *nods appreciatively at the question*

Best Friend or Boyfriend   Best friend. Always.

Dirty Teeth or Dirty Laundry   Since I cannot STAND dirty teeth–like, not at all, ever–I have to go with dirty laundry. Why do I suddenly feel the need to brush my teeth? *shakes fist” Curse you! Haha.

Music or Television   Ah! You evil, evil woman! This is an impossible question. If I HAVE to choose I must go with music. Music is what makes television so emotional. So yeah. Music.

Gabriel or Tristan    😉  <–that’s my whole answer, right there

Thanks so much for answering our questions!

Chelsea: Thank you so much for having me on your blog! I’m really excited to be here. You can’t see me right now, but I’m smiling so big my face hurts—that’s true excitement. 🙂

REVIEW

Anew is alluring, with lots of brotherly love… And I’m not talking about Philly here!  This is a female lead that I can get on board with, a love triangle done right, and there were so many great plot twists that I wanted to get tangled up in them all.  Anew gets 5 books on my bookshelf!

CONTEST

a Rafflecopter giveaway

ANEW Synopsis:

Two years ago, Scarlet awoke in a forest alone, afraid, and with no memory. Lost and confused, her past was a complete mystery…until she met Gabriel Archer. Intrigued by his voice and its familiarity, Scarlet immerses herself in his life only to stumble on a secret. Gabriel has a brother. Once Scarlet meets Tristan Archer, her life becomes even more muddled. She’s instinctively drawn to both of them and confused out of her mind. She can’t figure out why Gabriel feels so familiar or why she’s so attracted to Tristan. But the Archer brothers have more than just one secret and they know a lot about Scarlet that she doesn’t—including the fact that she’s cursed. They all are.

Author Bio:

Chelsea lives in Phoenix, AZ where she spends most of her time writing young adult fiction, painting murals, and avoiding housework at all costs.  Her obsessions include: superheroes, coffee, sleeping-in, and crazy socks.  She lives with her husband and two children, who graciously tolerate her inability to resist teenage drama on TV and her complete lack of skill in the kitchen.

Books Trailers:

12 Comments »

  • Lynsey Newton said:

    OMG can we please make it FOUR books? Who do I have to petition for that?! *looks around*.

    I frickin’ love this series so much and I will continue to cheerleed it until the day I die (which hopefully is a looooong way away). I love chelsea and HA, I knew she was just like Heather. I got that from the very beginning! Also, we ALL want to make out with Tristan 😉

  • Bethany Lopez said:

    I love this series, and I love Chelsea!!! I vote for four! 🙂

  • Chelsea Fine said:

    Haha. Maybe the fourth book can be about a girl named Chelsea who acts a LOT like Heather and makes out with Tristan all the time… Scarlet wouldn’t mind that, right? 😉

    Thank you, Kallie, for having me on the blog today and for interviewing me! 🙂 It was super fun!

  • Carlyle said:

    Thank you for this awesome post! I always love reading Chelsea’s interviews and posts. She is def the candle in the dark – love this gorgeous woman! One day Ill meet you Chelsea and you better run because I might hug the crap out of you! Oh and we are only stopping at 4??!!!

  • bn100 said:

    No, I don’t because I like for everyone to find someone for them.

  • Galena said:

    Usually not, because it never ends well (but it can be well-done, like in Forest of Hands and Teeth). Love triangles seem to be overdone in YA anyway–it has to be a really good, compelling situation and an integral part of the plot for me to enjoy it. Otherwise it just seems thrown in to check off another “YA novel” ticky box.

  • The ANEW Blog Tour! said:

    […] September 17 – BookshelfBanter Giveaway, Review & InterviewTuesday, September 18 – ReaderGirls Giveaway, Review & […]

  • repair water heater pompano beach florida said:

    In the modern times, kitchens have become a vital area
    of the house and there are a number of houses where the kitchen is the place where the women spend a large portion of their daily lives.
    Do not forget the cushions for your barstools or towels, kitchen chairs, potholders and
    oven mitts. If you have you ought to really just simply following
    that link.

    Feel free to surf to my web site: repair water heater pompano beach florida

  • laser therapy for hair loss side effects said:

    Even frequent blow-drying at extreme heat or brushing obsessively can cause your hair to
    become extremely fragile causing it to break
    and fall out. Electrolysis – Electrolysis is a solution which utilizes a needle
    to kill the hair at its root. Any cosmetic plastic procedure could be a worthwhile
    and extraordinary experience for both the patient and surgeon, if this is done in the light of surgical standards in term of
    safety.

    Here is my web page: laser therapy for hair loss side effects

  • worst fake tan said:

    With just few dollars, you can achieve a golden-bronze tan and also manage
    to look gorgeous and hot. You also have to be at ease in your dress, able to
    glide down the aisle in it & look comfortable all
    day long. Every bride wants to look their radiant best on their wedding day.

    My weblog – worst fake tan

  • nose job to fix deviated septum said:

    In fact you will be fully awake for the entire process and
    can even view it in a mirror that will also be provided for
    you. However, apart from beauty purposes, nose jobs are also used to correct problems that might have
    occurred due to a misshapen nose, such as breathing.
    Breast reconstruction, for those who have undergone a mastectomy, as well as cleft lip and palate surgery are common examples of reconstructive surgeries.

    Feel free to visit my blog nose job to fix deviated septum

  • ecoliving medium salad omada said:

    When some one searches for his required thing, thus he/she desires to be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained over here.