Home » 4 Books, Book News, Headline, Kallieross, Paranormal, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

26 March 2012 No Comment

The Immortal Rules, by Julie Kagawa, is a new highly anticipated vampire novel that promises to be another outstanding series for the author!  Kagawa is the author of the hugely popular Iron Fey Series.  (The novels are never on my shelf in my classroom because they are constantly checked out!)  The vampire plot in her new series has been the hot topic of many reader’s discussions.  I have to admit that I’ve been curious myself, and was eerily drawn to the novel and moved it to the top of my NEL!  (Never-Ending-List)

Sometimes curiosity kills the cat, and I must say that I am dying to know what will happen in the future of this series.  Allison Sekemoto is a teenage girl that has to survive by scavenging for food and defending her territory.  Allie’s situation and bleak outlook on life had me feeling for her from the first chapter, and her strength and determination had me rooting for her.  She faces gangs, rabids (zombie-ish-vampires), vampires, and hopeful humans (the humans are more difficult than you’d think).  I wasn’t quite sure what to make of Allie’s journey at first, but as the characters became more developed, as well as the setting, I fell in step beside her and would have followed her anywhere!

I am truly excited for all of our readers that love vampire to go get this book!  You will love it!

I give The Immortal Rules 4 books on the bookshelf!

Book Synopsis:

In a future world, vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity.
Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.

Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them. The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked—and given the ultimate choice. Die…or become one of the monsters.

Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.

Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend—a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.

But it isn’t easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what—and who—is worth dying for.