Home » 5 Books, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books

The Savage Grace by Bree Despain

15 March 2012 No Comment

The Savage Grace is the third novel in the Dark Divine Trilogy by Bree Despain.  Before I tell you too much about this novel specifically, I would like to go on record and say that I have adored this series.  I read The Dark Divine and loved it so much I wanted to throw it.  Then I read The Lost Saint and loved it so much that I wanted to throw it and jump on it repeatedly.  I know that sounds completely insane to some of our readers, but sometimes you just need to throw a good book!  (You also know I loved it because I shared it with my high school students!)

I have been waiting a while for a conclusion to this series, and was very curious about how Bree Despain would fit it all into one book.  Granted, the book is 488 pages, it is a lot of story packed into those pages.  Grace, the main character, continues to handle herself with grace, and kick a little butt when needed.  Her love for her family, and her friend, Daniel, has carried her through some tough times, even if they were the cause for said tough times.  I love how Grace has grown into the young woman, leader, fighter, lover, daughter, sister, etc. that she is meant to be.  I also love that Grace knows that she will never stop growing, and accepts the challenges thrown her way.

Through the struggles and hardships with friends and foes Grace Divine is not only someone I love to read about, but someone I would like to be like when I grow up!  The Savage Grace is a wonderful conclusion to the series for the characters and reader.  I really feel like Bree Despain stayed true to her characters and told their story!  The Savage Grace gets 5 books on my bookshelf, for a great book and a great series!

Book Description:

A troubled soul. An impossible choice. A final battle.

Wrestling with the werewolf curse pulsing deep inside of her, Grace Divine was finally able to find her brother, but it nearly cost her everything.

With her boyfriend, Daniel, stuck in wolf form and Sirhan’s death approaching, time is running out for Grace to stop Caleb Kalbi and his gang of demons. If she fails, her family and hometown will perish. Everything rests on Grace’s shoulders.

The final installment in The Dark Divine trilogy brings Daniel and Grace’s love story to a breathtaking conclusion.

About Bree Despain:

Bree rediscovered her childhood love for creating stories when she took a semester off college to write and direct plays for at-risk, inner-city teens from Philadelphia and New York. She currently lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband, two young sons, and her beloved TiVo.