Home » 5 Books, Book News, Fandom, Fiction, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, KPSimmon, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books

The Survivors: Point of Origin by Amanda Havard

10 February 2012 2 Comments

Kelly’s Review

Holy cow! Amanda Havard has done it again, and this time Book 2 is better than the first!! I love these characters (especially Everett!!), and am in a need-to-know more frenzy now. The Survivors: Point of Origin is smart writing that takes you on a journey filled with unexpected twists and turns. I went into it with about a million theories of where I thought the story was headed. I ended up being wrong about most of them! Amanda Havard takes you through history and mythology and the supernatural all in one book and it is fascinating. Kallie said it best when she said this book is astounding. I had to take a few days to just get my thoughts together (and they’re still sketchy at best!) because I was completely floored by so much. I forgot to mention the character, Raven, in the video, but I have to mention him here. As much as I hate this character, I am also secretly in love with him. Havard captured his essence to a T, and I want to know so much more about him. I don’t necessarily want to be up close to him, but I do want to know MORE! And Lizzie plays a huge role in this book too. That woman has some major secrets, and I want to know every single one of them. You will get some answers from Book 1 questions that you had, but don’t think for a second that you will be able to relax. About a billion more questions pop up throughout this sophomore book. You will be screaming for Book 3 just like I am! We will have to wait together though…and I have a strong feeling that it will be worth the wait. Point of Origin hits shelves in June of this year so you have just enough time to go snatch up Book 1, The Survivors, and read it before Book 2. You will be impressed with Havard’s character development, ability to intertwine history and present day, and the twists and turns the plot takes. Havard takes you on a journey and catapults you into a place and time you want to be a part of. This book gets 5 out of 5 books from me!

Kallie’s Review

Point of Origin is the second book in The Survivors Series by Amanda Havard.  After reading the first book I was left with dozens of questions, beautiful characters (literally and figuratively), visions of exotic locations, and a new desire to own couture clothing.  Diving into the second book was not my plan of attack.  The Survivors are facing a potential war, and I wanted answers (and more Everett).  I really took my time and soaked up this book.

The reader starts out meeting new characters that could hold the answer to old questions.  Sadie, the main character, is feeling convicted to help her old family while still getting to know her new family… She also holds a special place in her non-beating heart for her human friends.  The puzzle pieces that Sadie begins to fit together are more complex than she (or I) ever imagined, and at one point we were both learning more about history than I ever expected to.  Sadie’s constant curiosity, and accumulation of clues made my head spin!  The moment they all started fitting together I felt as accomplished as the characters.  But, like any well written series, the solutions lead to more questions… And characters questioning themselves…

I won’t tease you too much… The Survivors: Point of Origin gets 5 books on the bookshelf!

Book Description:

The winter is upon us. The Survivors are in chaos. The war is coming.

One year ago, Sadie Matthau was living among humans, existing as one of them. But now she wakes each morning in a house in the Survivors’ City, listening to the invocations and insults of her family members as they cope with their new future. A war. Rogue abandoners turned monsters. Sadie and the icy Winters living in their midst, bringing the outside world in.

The Survivors: Point of Origin is Sadie’s quest to save her family. But can she find what she is looking for when she can barely stomach the Winters’ wintry demeanor and finds herself distracted by Cole Hardwick’s warm heart? Will she be able to uncover her family’s history even as the elders’ grip tightens around her throat? In an action packed ride full of magic and misery, terror and triumph, Sadie Matthau seeks the Survivors’ beginning just in time to face her end.

http://amandahavard.com

http://chafiepress.com

2 Comments »

  • Deanna Walker said:

    I’m one of the lucky people who got a preview of this book–and just like the reviewer said, the story is much more complex than I ever imagined. AND it’s wildly imaginative and intriguing. I totally love this review!

  • Amanda Havard said:

    I maybe sort of really love you right now.