Home » Challenge, Video

Book And Movie Challenge!

6 February 2012 4 Comments

Hey, ladies!  This week I thought of a rather interesting challenge for all of us, brought on by a late night showing of Jurassic Park.  Wonder where I’m going with this?  Check out my challenge for you in the video below!

Now, it may take a while to complete the second part of the challenge, since we all have a lot going on.  However, here’s what I would like from you in the first part of the video challenge:

1.  Which of your all-time favorite movies (ones at least 10 years old) are based on books?

2.  If you love the movie so much, why haven’t you read the book?

3.  Which of your favorite movies HAVE you read in book form (again, older movies)?  Did you read the book before or after seeing the movie?  Did it change your opinion on the book or movie?

4.  Are there movies you haven’t seen because you love the book too much (new or old)?

5.  List some of the potential books you might read for this challenge (you don’t have to narrow it down to one yet).

6.  What are your thoughts on having to read one of your favorite movie books?  Are you excited, or afraid it might not live up to your expectations?

I’m really excited to hear your thoughts on my challenge, Kelly, Kallie, and Stefanie (and anyone else that wants to take it on). 🙂

Our awesome friend Laura over at SisterSpooky took on my challenge too!  Check out her answer over HERE on her blog 🙂

4 Comments »

  • Krystal (author) said:

    Haha, thanks for the responses, ladies. Stefanie, I know there have to be some movies you loved when you were a kids. Kallie,I figured that you are at least 11 years old, so that’s why I gave you the 10 year rule. Also, your argument about Jurassic Park being old is not valid, since you brought up a 200 year old novel as your all-time favorite. 😀 What about some classic children’s stories, Beauty and the Beast, Alice in Wonderland, The Little Mermaid, things like that?

  • KPSimmon said:

    Oh no!!! We had to talk about MOVIES??? Oh my word, I’m having a panic attack! Haha!! Video to come…

  • Krystal (author) said:

    I totally forgot about you not liking movies, Kelly. Sorry if this one is torture! But! The Devil Wears Prada is based on a book. I read it years ago, so that might be something you may want to consider 🙂

  • KPSimmon said:

    Oh girl! I was just giving you a hard time. It was fun to have to think about what movies I have actually seen besides Twilight and Harry Potter! Haha!! I love your creative ideas!