Home » Book News, Contest

“Daughter of Smoke and Bone” Giveaway!

27 September 2011 8 Comments

Laini Taylor’s highly-anticipated new novel, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, is now on sale (yay)!  To celebrate the release of this amazing book (truly one of the best books I’ve read all year), we are giving away two copies, thanks to Little, Brown.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone has some amazingly cool and creative characters within its pages, and we thought it would be neat to honor these characters by getting creative ourselves.  Here’s what we’d like you to do:

Create a Polyvore style board for either Karou or Zuzana (we will be picking one winning style board for each character, so feel free to submit a board for each of them).

Get creative!  Below you will find a description of both Karou and Zuzana.  All you need to do is create a look based on one or both of the characters HERE at Polyvore.com.

Submit the link for your creation below in the comments, along with your email (be sure to tell us which character your look is for).

Open to US/Canadian addresses only (no P.O. boxes).

Below you will find the character style boards from us gals here at Bookshelf Banter (hey, we wanted to join in on the fun too)!  We can’t wait to see what looks you put together.  Happy styling!

Character descriptions:

Karou:  Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious “errands”; she speaks many languages–not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.

Zuzana: Zuzana is tiny, bossy, and in perfect control of her extremely expressive eyebrows.  Like Karou, she is also an art student, but she has a passion for marionettes, and continues a long family tradition of working with puppets.  She is Czech, hates tights, and is described as a perfect, tiny fairy (albeit one that has rabies and bites).  She also wears platform boots to make up for being height-challenged.

Here are our style boards.

Kallie’s creations:

Karou

Karou

Karou by kallieross on Polyvore.com

Zuzana

Zuzana

Zuzana by kallieross featuring tiered tops

Kelly’s creations:

Karou

Karou-Smoke and Bone

Karou-Smoke and Bone by kpsimmon featuring gold tone jewelry

Zuzana

Zuzana-Smoke and Bone

Zuzana-Smoke and Bone by kpsimmon featuring maxi dresses

Stefanie’s creations:

Karou

Krystal’s creations:

Karou

Blue Karou

Blue Karou by krysalbe featuring onyx jewelry

Zuzana

Zuzana

Zuzana by krysalbe featuring a fitted vest