Home » Book News, Contest

“Daughter of Smoke and Bone” Giveaway!

27 September 2011 9 Comments

Laini Taylor’s highly-anticipated new novel, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, is now on sale (yay)!  To celebrate the release of this amazing book (truly one of the best books I’ve read all year), we are giving away two copies, thanks to Little, Brown.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone has some amazingly cool and creative characters within its pages, and we thought it would be neat to honor these characters by getting creative ourselves.  Here’s what we’d like you to do:

Create a Polyvore style board for either Karou or Zuzana (we will be picking one winning style board for each character, so feel free to submit a board for each of them).

Get creative!  Below you will find a description of both Karou and Zuzana.  All you need to do is create a look based on one or both of the characters HERE at Polyvore.com.

Submit the link for your creation below in the comments, along with your email (be sure to tell us which character your look is for).

Open to US/Canadian addresses only (no P.O. boxes).

Below you will find the character style boards from us gals here at Bookshelf Banter (hey, we wanted to join in on the fun too)!  We can’t wait to see what looks you put together.  Happy styling!

Character descriptions:

Karou:  Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious “errands”; she speaks many languages–not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.

Zuzana: Zuzana is tiny, bossy, and in perfect control of her extremely expressive eyebrows.  Like Karou, she is also an art student, but she has a passion for marionettes, and continues a long family tradition of working with puppets.  She is Czech, hates tights, and is described as a perfect, tiny fairy (albeit one that has rabies and bites).  She also wears platform boots to make up for being height-challenged.

Here are our style boards.

Kallie’s creations:

Karou

Karou

Karou by kallieross on Polyvore.com

Zuzana

Zuzana

Zuzana by kallieross featuring tiered tops

Kelly’s creations:

Karou

Karou-Smoke and Bone

Karou-Smoke and Bone by kpsimmon featuring gold tone jewelry

Zuzana

Zuzana-Smoke and Bone

Zuzana-Smoke and Bone by kpsimmon featuring maxi dresses

Stefanie’s creations:

Karou

Krystal’s creations:

Karou

Blue Karou

Blue Karou by krysalbe featuring onyx jewelry

Zuzana

Zuzana

Zuzana by krysalbe featuring a fitted vest

9 Comments »

  • Tatum said:

    http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=37615126 This is my board for the character Karou , Thanks

  • Sysha said:

    Here’s my style board for Karou! I had lots of fun making it :)
    http://www.polyvore.com/karou_party_look/set?id=37737092

  • Chelsea said:

    I made a style board for Karou as well. This was so much fun! Here’s the link: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set-fans?id=37837711

  • Chelsea said:

    Hello again! I also did a set for Zuzana. It was lots of fun! I’m so excited about this book! Here’s the link: http://www.polyvore.com/zuzana/set?id=37942149

    Thanks!

  • Sydney M said:

    I did Karou! It was fun(: Thanks for the giveaway!!!!

    http://www.polyvore.com/karou/set?id=37974389

  • Sydney M said:

    I also made one for Zuzana!
    http://www.polyvore.com/zuzana/set?id=37984824

  • Casey said:

    Greetings! Very useful advice within this post! It is the little changes
    which will make the greatest changes. Thanks for
    sharing!

  • leplancul.info said:

    Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied
    on the video to make your point. You definitely know what youre talking about,
    why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to
    your site when you could be giving us something informative to read?

  • Women’s Shoes Rossmore said:

    A divine intervention made him impervious to bodily harm, except behnd the heels where he was grasped
    iin the procedure that made him so well protected.
    The standard foot-Jacuzzi can bbe a dim shadow products a pair
    of Easy Feet can accomplish with less fuss.
    The male’s beautiful tail is employed to
    attract females to mate with.