Home » 5 Books, Fantasy, Krystal, Reviews, Romance, Stefanie, Video, Young Adult Books

“Tiger’s Curse” by Colleen Houck

24 September 2011 4 Comments

Stefanie’s Review:

Rating: 5 books

Krystal’s Review:

I hope you’ve got an umbrella, because this review is going to be a gusher!  Yeah, that was really bad, but I just wanted you all to know that the following review may will contain lots of squeeing, effusive fawning and extra exclamation marks, just so you know ;)  Before I get into my thoughts on the book, here is a brief synopsis of Tiger’s Curse:

Product description, from Amazon:

The last thing teenager Kelsey Hayes thought she’d be doing over the summer was meeting Ren, a mysterious white tiger and cursed Indian prince! When she learns she alone can break the Tiger’s curse, Kelsey’s life is turned upside-down. The unlikely duo journeys halfway around the world to piece together an Indian prophecy, find a way to free the man trapped by a centuries-old spell, and discover the path to their true destiny.

Colleen Houck originally published Tiger’s Curse as an independent e-book, and I’ve heard that it might be hitting the big screen soon.  I really hope it gets made into a movie because all through the book I kept thinking how fantastic it would play out on the big screen.

What first drove me to pick up Tiger’s Curse was it’s pretty, shiny cover.  Isn’t it gorgeous?  The inside is even better.  Once I picked up Tiger’s Curse, I couldn’t put it down.  I was hooked from page one and didn’t even go to bed until 5am the first night; I just had to know what happened next!  The first installment in the Tiger Saga is filled with romance, adventure, poetry and magic, all set in the jungles of India.   The book has elements of Twilight, Indiana Jones, and Johnny Quest (random, but I loved that show growing up).  So, being a fan of all of those things, this book just hit all the marks for me, and then some.  I can’t recommend this book highly enough!  It is so fantastic, heart-pounding, tender, and gripping.  And while the book is categorized as YA, I loved that the characters were just a bit older (18 and 21 years old), which made it different from most of the other books I’ve read in the genre.

If you want to go on an amazing journey, go pick up a copy of Tiger’s Curse, now available in stores and online!  The second installment in the Tiger Saga, Tiger’s Quest, goes on sale June 7 (and I need it NOW)!

Did I mention there are monkeys?

Rating: 5 books

You can read the first seven chapters of Tiger’s Curse, as well as read more about the books and Colleen Houck, over at TigersCurseBook.com.

Follow TigerSaga on Twitter

Tiger’s Curse Facebook page

And check out the amazing book trailer below.  I think it’s one of the best trailers I’ve ever seen.  Well done!

Colleen Houck discusses her novel and what inspired her to write the book in the video below!

4 Comments »

  • Stefanie said:

    You’ve convinced me. Adding it to my NEL.

  • Janette said:

    I can’t agree with you more. I got Tigers Quest and Tigers Curse on my kindle last year when they were independenly published and I have been waiting very impaitently for Tigers Voyage to come out. I absolutly love these books and recommend them everyone.

  • Renate said:

    OOOH!!! I’ve read it and I delcare it to world–it’s a 5-star book! So is the second book, and I bet that third book will be 5-star too! HOPE that you guys will like it.

    You rock, Tiger’s Curse and Tiger’s Quest!

  • Angie said:

    each time i used to read smaller articles that as well clear
    their motive, and that is also happening
    with this paragraph which I am reading here.

    my web-site: Casual Sex in Oldsmar (Angie)