Home » 4 Books, 5 Books, Book News, Fandom, Fantasy, Fiction, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Mystery/Suspense, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

10 July 2011 5 Comments

I just finished Bloodlines, by Richelle Mead, last week and could not wait to get you my review of the highly anticipated spin-off series. Richelle had a brilliant idea to create a new suspenseful mystery with some of her intriguing characters from the Vampire Academy series. I do not want to spoil anything for you, so I will keep this review somewhat vague.
Sydney, an alchemist, is fighting to save face with her family and other alchemist leaders. She takes on the role of a high school student to protect a Moroi princess Jill Dragomir. I had a few flashbacks of 21 Jump Street, and didn’t mind the visual of a young Johnny Depp playing Adrian! The mystery of the complications Sydney and the gang faces, are and remain a mystery throughout the book. These layered characters and their banter-filled relationships added to the appeal of the storyline.
I can honestly say (please don’t hit me) that I may enjoy this series more than the first (Vampire Academy)! I give Bloodlines a whopping 4.5 books on the bookshelf!

Product Description
The first book in Richelle Mead’s brand-new teen fiction series – set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive – this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.

http://blue-succubus.livejournal.com/

http://www.bloodlinesseries.com/

5 Comments »

  • Krystal said:

    Cute top, Kallie! And I can’t wait for Bloodlines!!!

  • hazimah mohin* said:

    how did you get to read bloodlines? isnt the publication date in 23rd of august?

  • on the same aspect said:

    Thanks for the informative post!

  • aarpprovideronlinetool uhc said:

    There was no money for this but once again Virginia’s tenacity paid off.

    Now it is to zap the buyer back with an indirect insult. It was –
    far and away – a more rewarding, emotional trip than any kind of present.

    My web page; aarpprovideronlinetool uhc

  • nose job maryland said:

    Kim Kardashian certainly isn’t the first celebrity to get some work done, but the ‘Keeping Up with
    the Kardashians’ episode did prompt a plastic surgeon, Dr.
    Some of the popular cosmetic surgery procedures – notably the head lift – are popular attributable
    to aging skin circumstances accelerated by experience of the sun. By changing the size & shape
    of the nose, this cosmetic nose can positively influence the balance
    of facial features.

    my homepage – nose job maryland