Home » 5 Books, Book News, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Reviews, Staff, Young Adult Books

Hourglass by Myra McEntire

9 June 2011 No Comment

Hourglass is not just a pretty cover… The story is refreshing and beautiful as well.  I fell in love with the main characters, Emerson and Michael, from the beginning of the story.  Em’s quirkiness and sarcastic nature, and Michael’s hero complex and mysterious life kept me reading at a furiously fast pace.  I had to stop myself from reading the entire book in one sitting, because I wanted it to last.  To be honest, the last time I took the time to slow myself down while reading was when I didn’t want The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins, to end.

One thing Myra McEntire achieves with Hourglass is an outstanding supporting cast of characters.  In some books I find myself perusing through the sub-plots to get back to the main storyline.  The entwined sub-plots in Hourglass kept me engaged and wanting more from characters like Kaleb, Lily and Dru!

I want to turn back time and relive reading Hourglass over and over!  The story is new and fresh to the Young Adult market and I am so excited to recommend a book that’s original and fun to all those vampire/werewolf-loving readers!

5 Books for Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Book Description:

One hour to rewrite the past . . .

For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn’t there; swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents’ death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She’s tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.
So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson’s willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.
Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he’s around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?
Full of atmosphere, mystery, and romance, Hourglass merges the very best of the paranormal and science-fiction genres in a seductive, remarkable young adult debut.

The #preorderHOURGLASS Epic Giveaway

About the Book:

Is Hourglass your first book?

It is my first book, but it’s not my first story. There are many, many unfinished critters running around under my bed. (Critters are manuscripts in this case, lest you think I have a rodent infestation problem.)

Is Hourglass the first in a series?

It is. The sequel has already been sold, but there are more stories set in the Hourglass world. For now, they’re still in my mind.

When can I find Hourglass in stores?

June 14th, 2011. I have links to Indiebound and Amazon in the sidebar if you can’t wait and want to preorder.

Hourglass is called a “time slip” romance. What does time slip mean?

In many cases, time slip refers to any type of time travel. My definition is a little more specific, and also intergal to the plot. So that’s all I’m saying about that.

Will Hourglass be available in my country?

So far, Hourglass has sold in six countries: the US, Germany, Brazil, Turkey, Spain and Russia.

Myra McEntire knows the words to every R and B hit of the last decade, but since she lives in the country music capital of America where her lyrical talents go sadly unappreciated, she chose to channel her mad word skills into creating sultry Southern timeslip novels.

But if you catch her at a signing, she can probably be convinced to rap with you anyway.