Home » 5 Books, Fiction, Genre, Krystal, Ratings, Reviews, Romance, Young Adult Books

Anna and the French Kiss

24 January 2011 No Comment

Anna and the French Kiss

by Stephanie Perkins

“Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she’s less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction high in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt.”

In early December I started hearing rumblings about Anna and the French Kiss (which I’ll just refer to as ANNA) on the internet.  Reviews from critics and bloggers steadily built up, expounding on the greatness that is ANNA.  I’m always a little leery going into anything that’s been super-hyped up, knowing that the potential for disappointment is tremendous.   I mean, how can anything live up to all that?  But, you know what?  ANNA did.  I LOVED this book!  It has it all–exotic locale, the bloom of first love, and a really hot guy with an accent.  Being a teenager can be an isolating experience in and of itself, but adding a new school in a foreign country can really be intimidating, setting the scene for a lot of teenage angst and swooning  I enjoyed every page of Ms. Perkin’s novel, staying up till 5am because I could not put it down!  This the one of those rare books that makes you want to re-read it as soon as you finish it.  I dare you not to fall in love with Etienne St. Clair.  Resistance is futile; just give in now.  Ha!

Overall rating: 5 books

You can order this fabulous debut over at Amazon.

Official Anna and the French Kiss site (featuring Stephanie’s wonderful blog)

Follow Stephanie on Twitter