Home » Archive

Articles tagged with: YA

4 Books, Blog Tour, Contest, Fantasy, Fiction, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Reviews, Science Fiction, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[12 Jun 2013 | No Comment | ]
Blog Tour/Review: One by Leigh Ann Kopans

One, by Leigh Ann Kopans, is a refreshing new young adult novel that twists fantasy and science fiction into a dreamy comic-novel for both guys and gals.  Let me explain, I love the idea of comic book super heroes, but I don’t actually read comics.  I love to watch the Marvel movies, Batman, Superman, Spiderman, X-Men… All these men!  While some prefer a lot of action with a sprinkle of plot, One is a great option for the novel reader who wants a dash of superhero.
I read One with the …

Blog Tour, Book News, Challenge, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Ratings, Young Adult Books »

[28 Dec 2012 | No Comment | ]
2012 YASSH

We’re close to the end of the scavenger hunt… I have today’s trivia questions from Fiction Fervor‘s 2012 YA Story Scavenger Hunt here for you. 2012YASSH challenges you with your knowledge of young adult books published this year, and if you enter, you might win a prize! Check out it here for more info. And be sure to read the rules!

Without further ado, today’s questions come from Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent.

Easy: How is Avari able to cross over and possess someone’s body?
Medium: What costume is Kaylee wearing when Thane attacks her?
Hard: What is …

4 Books, Book News, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[8 Dec 2012 | No Comment | ]
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Hello, new epic fantasy called Falling Kingdoms, by Morgan Rhodes!  I am having a love/hate relationship with you right now, but love you more than I hate you… I could not imagine getting into ANOTHER series right now, although this series promises to have twisting plot lines with the vast array of characters you can’t help but relate to. There are royal families, peasants, sorceresses, and savages!
The story comes across as a simplified version of Lord of the Rings, with more heart-wrenching romances that appeal more to a female audiences. The …

5 Books, Author Interview, Blog Tour, Book News, Contest, Fandom, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[17 Sep 2012 | 12 Comments | ]
Blog Tour: Anew by Chelsea Fine

INTERVIEW
Hi Chelsea!  We are very excited to learn more about you and this amazing series you’ve written!
1. Taking a look at ChelseaFineBooks.com, we have found that you are a fantasy/romance junkie that is obsessed with the CW (formerly WB)… What books and television shows have been an inspiration to you over the years?
Chelsea: Great question. I love talking about TV shows! 🙂 The most influential television show in my adult life (I’m assuming my childhood obsession with Scooby-Doo doesn’t count) would have to be Smallville. Ahhh! 🙂 I’m a total Superman …

3 Books, 4 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Contest, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Paranormal, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[11 Sep 2012 | 10 Comments | ]
Blog Tour: The Childe by C.A. Kunz

The Childe and Dark Days are the first two novels in The Childe Series, by C.A. Kunz.  We are thrilled to be a part of The Childe Blog Tour, an offer you the chance  to win the first two books and swag!
Catherine starts out her freshman year of high school, in The Childe, and is seeking out a ‘normal’ life, but the paranormal just keeps getting in the way!  In Dark Days, Cat battles through her Sophomore year literally and figuratively.  These books are great for young teen paranormal fans. …

4 Books, Fiction, Krystal, Reviews, Score, Video, Young Adult Books »

[21 Jan 2012 | No Comment | ]
'The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight' by Jennifer E. Smith

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?
Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan’s life. She’s stuck at JFK, late to her father’s second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley’s never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport’s cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he’s British, and he’s in seat 18C. Hadley’s in 18A.
Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful …

4 Books, 5 Books, Challenge, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Paranormal, Ratings, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[19 Jan 2012 | One Comment | ]
Shatter Me Book Challenge!

I am asking our Bookshelf Banter Ladies, and you, a few questions to pique your interest in our Book of the Month, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi!

Here are the questions… And, Tahereh Mafi’s answers!
1. How long could you make it in an insane asylum… all on your own… in a padded room?
I actually took part in the Sephora Sensorium exhibit while I was in Manhattan, because it’s supposed to show you what it’s like to lose your sense of smell; I thought it might be an interesting experience — and …

4 Books, Dystopia, Krystal, Reviews, Science Fiction, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[4 Oct 2011 | One Comment | ]
'Glow' By Amy Kathleen Ryan

When I first started reading Glow, I had the fear that it might be too similar to Beth Revis’ Across the Universe, one of my favorite reads of the year.  I soon realized that this was not at all the case; except for the general dystopian-space vibe, they were not at all alike.  Glow takes place in the distant future, aboard two sister ships hurtling through space to colonize a new planet.  The story follows Waverly, Kieran, and Seth, three teens among the first generation conceived in space, as they …

Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf »

[3 Oct 2011 | No Comment | ]
Brand New On The Bookshelf: Tuesday's New Releases

Here are the new and notable book releases for Tuesday, October 4.  Which ones are you excited to read?
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

The Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver

Eve by Anna Carey

4 Books, Genre, Krystal, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[16 Aug 2011 | 2 Comments | ]
'Shade' By Jeri Smith-Ready

I just finished reading Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready, a YA novel that I flew through and couldn’t put down!  If you are looking for a fun paranormal YA book that doesn’t shy away from some real teen situations, I highly recommend this book.
Below you can find my spoiler-free review of the novel.  Did I mention there’s a hot Scottish guy in Shade?  🙂

Important links:
Jeri Smith-Ready site
Facebook
Twitter