Home » Archive

Articles tagged with: fiction

Blog Tour, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Children's, Children's Books, Contest, Fiction, Headline, KPSimmon, Middle Grade, Ratings, Staff »

[28 Jan 2013 | 15 Comments | ]
The Night The Moon Ate My Room: Excerpt & Giveaway!

We are thrilled to get to host Jesse Wilson and his new book THE NIGHT THE MOON ATE MY ROOM! We have a special excerpt to share with you and a giveaway! Read below and enter to win!
SYNOPSIS:
The moon was bright and full that night, bigger than I could ever even remember it.
Maybe because it was moving towards me…
After giving the worst violin recital of his life, and being laughed at by the entire school, the boy vows to never play music again. Later that night, when the moon swallows …

5 Books, Adult Books, Author Interview, Author Interviews, Blog Tour, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Fantasy, Fiction, Genre, Headline, KPSimmon, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Romance, Score, Staff »

[2 Jan 2013 | One Comment | ]
The Trouble With Fate & an Interview with Leigh Evans

I feel like I have been waiting forever to share this book with you! I was given the opportunity to read THE TROUBLE WITH FATE by Leigh Evans about a year ago when it was still in the process of being published by St. Martin’s, and I fell in love with the story and the characters. Hedi is one of those chicks that I completely loved to read. Her voice was refreshing and totally kicka** to be honest, which is much like the author once you get to know her. Evans …

5 Books, Blog Tour, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Genre, Headline, KPSimmon, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[8 Nov 2012 | 2 Comments | ]
Trinity Faegen's The Mephisto Kiss Blog Tour

Okay, so I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am that we get to be a part of this blog tour. Trinity Faegen is one of my absolute favorite authors with a fantastic series, The Mephisto Series. We even interviewed her a while back, and you can check out that interview HERE. And to say that I think you will want to read this series is an understatement.

And now…This. The second book of the series, THE MEPHISTO KISS, is coming out!! First, can we just be real for …

4 Books, Dystopia, Fiction, Genre, Headline, KPSimmon, Ratings, Reviews, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[12 Aug 2012 | No Comment | ]
The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe

Book Synopsis from Amazon.com:
It starts with an itch you just can’t shake.  Then comes a fever and a tickle in your throat.  A few days later, you’ll be blabbing your secrets and chatting with strangers like they’re old friends.  Three more, and the paranoid hallucinations kick in.
And then you’re dead.
When sixteen-year-old Kaelyn lets her best friend leave for school without saying goodbye, she never dreams that she might not see him again.  But then a strange virus begins to sweep through her small island community, infecting young and old alike.  …

3 Books, Fiction, Genre, Headline, KPSimmon, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[28 Jul 2012 | No Comment | ]
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown

Book Synopsis from Amazon.com:
Calder White lives in the cold, clear waters of Lake Superior, the only brother in a family of murderous mermaids. To survive, Calder and his sisters prey on humans and absorb their positive energy. Usually, they select their victims at random, but this time around, the underwater clan chooses its target for a reason: revenge. They want to kill Jason Hancock, the man they blame for their mother’s death.
It’s going to take a concerted effort to lure the aquaphobic Hancock onto the water. Calder’s job is to …

3 Books, Fiction, Genre, Headline, KPSimmon, Ratings, Reviews, Romance, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[26 Jun 2012 | No Comment | ]
Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins

TEMPTATION by Karen Ann Hopkins had everything that I tend to be drawn to in a guilty pleasure book. I am freakishly drawn to books having anything to do with the Amish so, when I saw this title, I knew that I had to read it. Here’s the synopsis from Amazon:

Your heart misleads you. That’s what my friends and family say.
But I love Noah.
And he loves me.
We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in …

Author Interview, Book News, Fantasy, Fiction, Genre, Headline, KPSimmon, Ratings, Young Adult Books »

[11 May 2012 | One Comment | ]
Victoria Schwab's THE NEAR WITCH Blog Tour

We are thrilled to get to take part in Victoria Schwab’s THE NEAR WITCH blog tour today! We’ll actually be posting more with Victoria next week as she visits us for a guest post! Today, though, we have a special interview with one of her main characters-Cole. He’s mysterious, and I think you’ll love him! I know I do!
Book Name and Author:
THE NEAR WITCH by Victoria Schwab
Main Character’s Full Name: Cole will do.
What was your life like growing up?
–Painful. But that was another life.
Before your story began, what were your hopes …

4 Books, Author Interview, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Coming Soon, Contest, Fiction, Genre, KPSimmon, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[27 Apr 2012 | No Comment | ]
Pretty Amy by Lisa Burstein

For information about our Pretty Amy giveaway and to see an interview with Lisa Burstein, GO HERE!
I finished reading Lisa Burstein’s Pretty Amy this afternoon. It was a lovely and painful read for me, and I know I should explain that more fully so as not to be misunderstood. Do not think painful means it was hard for me to get through. That is not the case at all. There are two reasons I say it was a lovely and painful read for me.
First, It was painful for me because …

Author Interview, Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Coming Soon, Contest, Fiction, Genre, Headline, KPSimmon, Ratings, Young Adult Books »

[27 Apr 2012 | 2 Comments | ]
Pretty Amy Blog Tour & A Giveaway

We are super excited to be a part of Lisa Burstein’s Pretty Amy Blog Tour today! We have a wonderful interview with Lisa, as well as a GIVEAWAY of Pretty Amy in e-book form. Keep reading to learn more about Pretty Amy, Lisa Burstein, and how YOU can WIN your own copy of this fantastic book!
Here’s the Book Synopsis from Amazon.com:

Amy is fine living in the shadows of beautiful Lila and uber-cool Cassie, because at least she’s somewhat beautiful and uber-cool by association. But when their dates stand them up …

4 Books, Fantasy, Fiction, Genre, Headline, Historical, KPSimmon, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[19 Apr 2012 | No Comment | ]
Allegiance by Cayla Kluver

Allegiance by Cayla Kluver was released back in February. To say I was excited to read this sequel to her, Legacy, might very well be the understatement of the year. Here’s the synopsis from Amazon.com:
He couldn’t help his past any more than he could help the way those intense, deep blue eyes pierced me and held me captive.An eighteen-year-old queen in love with the enemy as their countries pass the point of no return…
Bound to a man she cannot love, Queen Alera of Hytanica must forget Narian, the young man …