Home » Archive

Articles in the Genre Category

5 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Historical, Kallieross, Mystery/Suspense, Ratings, Reviews, Romance, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[19 Sep 2013 | 4 Comments | ]
A Spark Unseen Blog Hop - Day 9

We are so excited to be a part of the ‘A Spark Unseen’ Blog Hop!  I’ve read both The Dark Unwinding (Book 1) and A Spark Unseen (Book 2), and love both! One of my favorite characters is Uncle Tully. He is an amazing inventor, with a quirky way of getting things done. Today we get to bring you some fun facts about Uncle Tully…

“It was for this those men upstairs had come, for the strange and wonderful contents of my uncle’s mind. And they could not have it.”
                                                                                                -Katharine, A Spark Unseen

Five things The …

Blog Tour, Book News, Fandom, Genre, Headline, New Adult, Paranormal, Ratings »

[5 Sep 2013 | No Comment | ]
The Storytellers by Laura Elliot

Blog Tour
The Storytellers
By Laura Elliott

Synopsis:
Four storytellers
One ancient demon
No way out…
Four women who call themselves The Storytellers have gathered one hot August evening to tell tales, as they have for years. But on this night, they unknowingly evoke the powers of an ancient Mayan idol that breathes real life into their stories. The Mayan idol isn’t the only ancient being awakened. A power-hungry demon is determined to see the women fail and become enslaved to him forever.
Now the women’s lives depend on surviving each other’s stories, defeating the demon and solving …

5 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[25 Jul 2013 | 3 Comments | ]
Body & Blood: The Survivors Series by Amanda Havard

Episode 1: Ruled By Secrecy by Muse

The Body & Blood Soundtrack Sessions follow Amanda Havard as she talks about each song found on the soundtrack for the third book in THE SURVIVORS SERIES, Body & Blood, and performs exclusive acoustic versions of each song. Want more Survivors soundtrack music? Check out the rest of the B&B Sessions, the original songs written exclusively for the series, and the full soundtrack!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

About BODY & BLOOD:
How many answers you seek are just a part of you, waiting to be found?
The game has changed.
Fresh from her first …

Book News, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Science Fiction, Young Adult Books »

[24 Jul 2013 | 10 Comments | ]
The Host Giveaway!

Congrats to @melissa_marie21!  She’s the winner of The Host Giveaway!
This week I’m hosting a giveaway for a paperback, movie tie-in, copy of The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. The novel is autographed by Stephenie Meyer, Max Irons, and Saoirse Ronan. It is one of my favorite science fiction novels, and now I get to share it with one lucky winner! You can enter to win the prize a few different ways, and if you’re eager to win feel free to enter every way available!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

*You must have a U.S. mailing address to …

Book News, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Movie News, Paranormal, Ratings, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[11 Jul 2013 | 4 Comments | ]

~~
I know what you’re thinking… Why in the world were you invited to the City of Bones movie set? Let me tell you, I wondered the same thing at first!  I am a HUGE fan of Cassandra Clare, and The Mortal Instruments were some of TST’s first Book(s) of the Month(s), way back when! You can read about my afternoon on set, or watch the videos… I hope you enjoy!
~~
After piling into a bus with several bloggers, we arrived at what looked like a warehouse. We each walked into a …

Blog Tour, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Mystery/Suspense, Ratings, Science Fiction, Young Adult Books »

[25 Jun 2013 | No Comment | ]
Blog Tour: Clicks by Amy Evans

Amy Evans – Clicks playlist – Also available on Spotify
Imagine Dragons – Radioactive
Zedd – Clarity
Paramore – Born for This
Jason Derulo – The Other Side
The Summer Set – Lightning in a Bottle
Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes
One Direction – Forever Young
Coldplay – Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall – Coldplay vs. Swedish House Mafia
Krewella – Alive
Kanye West – Clique – Edited Version
Nicki Minaj – Young Forever
B.o.B – Airplanes, Part II [feat Eminem & Hayley Williams of Paramore] – Explicit Album Version
Ke$ha – Warrior
The Cab – Angel With A Shotgun
Taylor Swift – Our …

Blog Tour, Book News, Children's Books, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Middle Grade, Ratings »

[20 Jun 2013 | 2 Comments | ]
Matilda's 25th Anniversary

Matilda is turning 25 this year! Kind of unbelievable, right? How can it already be 25 years since this wonderfully witty, intelligent five-year-old sprang onto the literary scene, inspiring all of us to read more and fight the man with our powers of telekinesis (Er, or just wish we had powers of telekinesis)?
We’re all jealous of Matilda’s amazing abilities to move objects with her mind, but where does it come from? Miss Honey wonders the same thing:
“’A precocious child,’ Miss Honey said, ‘is one that shows amazing intelligence early on. You are …

4 Books, Blog Tour, Contest, Fantasy, Fiction, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Reviews, Science Fiction, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[12 Jun 2013 | No Comment | ]
Blog Tour/Review: One by Leigh Ann Kopans

One, by Leigh Ann Kopans, is a refreshing new young adult novel that twists fantasy and science fiction into a dreamy comic-novel for both guys and gals.  Let me explain, I love the idea of comic book super heroes, but I don’t actually read comics.  I love to watch the Marvel movies, Batman, Superman, Spiderman, X-Men… All these men!  While some prefer a lot of action with a sprinkle of plot, One is a great option for the novel reader who wants a dash of superhero.
I read One with the …

3 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[25 May 2013 | 4 Comments | ]
Blog Tour/Review: Inception by Teal Haviland

Bookshelf Banter is excited to bring you an interview with the main character of Inception, Gabrielle.  I really enjoyed this character, and think you should get to know her before you read Teal Haviland’s debut novel…
1. Can you tell us what it’s like to be the Reaper of Karma?
Honestly, it is a huge burden to be tasked with a job that carries with it such significance whether or not those on the side of Light have success in winning the Great War. But, there is no other job I would …

4 Books, Blog Tour, Contest, Fandom, Fantasy, Folk/Fairy Tales, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, New Adult, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[15 May 2013 | 2 Comments | ]
Blog Tour/Review: Silent Orchids by Morgan Wylie

I’m am so excited to be a part of the blog tour for Silent Orchids, and I am going to work my review in somewhere!  Today, Morgan Wylie has brought us a fun glimpse of her writing community…
Hello and thank you for having me here today to talk about the importance of community in writing.
I wouldn’t be where I am without community. Writing is a very introverted process and can get lonely especially if there aren’t people around you that understand the journey you are on. Let’s face it, not …