Home » Archive

Articles in the Fandom Category

Book News, Contest, Fandom, Headline, Kallieross »

[5 Nov 2013 | No Comment | ]
Nov.1-7 #thanksGIVING Giveaway!

Well, if you haven’t heard by now, I’m GIVING away a ton of Young Adult and Middle Grade books (with a few Adult novels) this November to show my THANKS! There are a few authors that have donated their own novels in thanks, and I hope you are able to make some new connections. The cool thing about this giveaway is that I’ll be picking one winner each week, and the winner will be receiving 12 (or more) books as the prize! I will be shipping to any U.S. address, …

4 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Contest, Fandom, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[5 Oct 2013 | 8 Comments | ]
EXCLUSIVE: Veiled Shadows by Morgan Wylie

EXCLUSIVE: Markings in Alandria
In Alandria, each race of magical beings have a visible mark—a tattoo—that shows itself when the individual comes of age, which is also when their magic reaches its maturity in abilities. The markings all have similar iridescent greenish-blue color for a specific reason (that I can’t tell you yet—Eeek!). Now, of course, most individuals know what race they belong to—it’s not a secret—but it helps to identify between the races. Alandrian markings are called Srontas. There are some other qualities to these markings that will begin to …

Blog Tour, Book News, Fandom, Genre, Headline, New Adult, Paranormal, Ratings »

[5 Sep 2013 | No Comment | ]
The Storytellers by Laura Elliot

Blog Tour
The Storytellers
By Laura Elliott

Synopsis:
Four storytellers
One ancient demon
No way out…
Four women who call themselves The Storytellers have gathered one hot August evening to tell tales, as they have for years. But on this night, they unknowingly evoke the powers of an ancient Mayan idol that breathes real life into their stories. The Mayan idol isn’t the only ancient being awakened. A power-hungry demon is determined to see the women fail and become enslaved to him forever.
Now the women’s lives depend on surviving each other’s stories, defeating the demon and solving …

Fandom, Headline, Movie News »

[14 Aug 2013 | 4 Comments | ]
The First "Vampire Academy" Trailer Is Here!

The very first trailer for the upcoming Vampire Academy movie adaptation is finally here! The film, officially titled “Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters,” hits theaters on Valentine’s Day 2014. Check out the video below to see your favorite St Vladimir’s characters come to life!

5 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[25 Jul 2013 | 3 Comments | ]
Body & Blood: The Survivors Series by Amanda Havard

Episode 1: Ruled By Secrecy by Muse

The Body & Blood Soundtrack Sessions follow Amanda Havard as she talks about each song found on the soundtrack for the third book in THE SURVIVORS SERIES, Body & Blood, and performs exclusive acoustic versions of each song. Want more Survivors soundtrack music? Check out the rest of the B&B Sessions, the original songs written exclusively for the series, and the full soundtrack!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

About BODY & BLOOD:
How many answers you seek are just a part of you, waiting to be found?
The game has changed.
Fresh from her first …

Book News, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Science Fiction, Young Adult Books »

[24 Jul 2013 | 10 Comments | ]
The Host Giveaway!

Congrats to @melissa_marie21!  She’s the winner of The Host Giveaway!
This week I’m hosting a giveaway for a paperback, movie tie-in, copy of The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. The novel is autographed by Stephenie Meyer, Max Irons, and Saoirse Ronan. It is one of my favorite science fiction novels, and now I get to share it with one lucky winner! You can enter to win the prize a few different ways, and if you’re eager to win feel free to enter every way available!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

*You must have a U.S. mailing address to …

Book News, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Movie News, Paranormal, Ratings, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[11 Jul 2013 | 4 Comments | ]

~~
I know what you’re thinking… Why in the world were you invited to the City of Bones movie set? Let me tell you, I wondered the same thing at first!  I am a HUGE fan of Cassandra Clare, and The Mortal Instruments were some of TST’s first Book(s) of the Month(s), way back when! You can read about my afternoon on set, or watch the videos… I hope you enjoy!
~~
After piling into a bus with several bloggers, we arrived at what looked like a warehouse. We each walked into a …

Fandom, Headline, Movie News »

[1 Jul 2013 | 2 Comments | ]
"City of Bones" Soundtrack Features New Songs From Demi Lovato, Colbie Caillat, & More

The official soundtrack listing for “The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones” has just been revealed!  The soundtrack, which will be released August 20th, offers up new music from Demi Lovato, Colbie Caillat, AFI, and more!   Check out the full track list in the press release below.
Which song are you most excited about?

REPUBLIC RECORDS, CONSTANTIN FILM, AND SCREEN GEMS REVEAL ARTISTS FOR
 “THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES” SOUNDTRACK ALBUM

NEW SONGS FROM DEMI LOVATO, COLBIE CAILLAT, AFI, JESSIE J, AND MORE
IN STORES AUGUST 20, 2013
FILM IN THEATERS AUGUST 21, 2013

NEW …

Blog Tour, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Mystery/Suspense, Ratings, Science Fiction, Young Adult Books »

[25 Jun 2013 | No Comment | ]
Blog Tour: Clicks by Amy Evans

Amy Evans – Clicks playlist – Also available on Spotify
Imagine Dragons – Radioactive
Zedd – Clarity
Paramore – Born for This
Jason Derulo – The Other Side
The Summer Set – Lightning in a Bottle
Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes
One Direction – Forever Young
Coldplay – Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall – Coldplay vs. Swedish House Mafia
Krewella – Alive
Kanye West – Clique – Edited Version
Nicki Minaj – Young Forever
B.o.B – Airplanes, Part II [feat Eminem & Hayley Williams of Paramore] – Explicit Album Version
Ke$ha – Warrior
The Cab – Angel With A Shotgun
Taylor Swift – Our …

Blog Tour, Book News, Children's Books, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Middle Grade, Ratings »

[20 Jun 2013 | 2 Comments | ]
Matilda's 25th Anniversary

Matilda is turning 25 this year! Kind of unbelievable, right? How can it already be 25 years since this wonderfully witty, intelligent five-year-old sprang onto the literary scene, inspiring all of us to read more and fight the man with our powers of telekinesis (Er, or just wish we had powers of telekinesis)?
We’re all jealous of Matilda’s amazing abilities to move objects with her mind, but where does it come from? Miss Honey wonders the same thing:
“’A precocious child,’ Miss Honey said, ‘is one that shows amazing intelligence early on. You are …