Home » Archive

Articles in the Book News Category

5 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Historical, Kallieross, Mystery/Suspense, Ratings, Reviews, Romance, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[19 Sep 2013 | 4 Comments | ]
A Spark Unseen Blog Hop - Day 9

We are so excited to be a part of the ‘A Spark Unseen’ Blog Hop!  I’ve read both The Dark Unwinding (Book 1) and A Spark Unseen (Book 2), and love both! One of my favorite characters is Uncle Tully. He is an amazing inventor, with a quirky way of getting things done. Today we get to bring you some fun facts about Uncle Tully…

“It was for this those men upstairs had come, for the strange and wonderful contents of my uncle’s mind. And they could not have it.”
                                                                                                -Katharine, A Spark Unseen

Five things The …

Blog Tour, Book News, Fandom, Genre, Headline, New Adult, Paranormal, Ratings »

[5 Sep 2013 | No Comment | ]
The Storytellers by Laura Elliot

Blog Tour
The Storytellers
By Laura Elliott

Synopsis:
Four storytellers
One ancient demon
No way out…
Four women who call themselves The Storytellers have gathered one hot August evening to tell tales, as they have for years. But on this night, they unknowingly evoke the powers of an ancient Mayan idol that breathes real life into their stories. The Mayan idol isn’t the only ancient being awakened. A power-hungry demon is determined to see the women fail and become enslaved to him forever.
Now the women’s lives depend on surviving each other’s stories, defeating the demon and solving …

5 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Brand New On The Bookshelf, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[25 Jul 2013 | 3 Comments | ]
Body & Blood: The Survivors Series by Amanda Havard

Episode 1: Ruled By Secrecy by Muse

The Body & Blood Soundtrack Sessions follow Amanda Havard as she talks about each song found on the soundtrack for the third book in THE SURVIVORS SERIES, Body & Blood, and performs exclusive acoustic versions of each song. Want more Survivors soundtrack music? Check out the rest of the B&B Sessions, the original songs written exclusively for the series, and the full soundtrack!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

About BODY & BLOOD:
How many answers you seek are just a part of you, waiting to be found?
The game has changed.
Fresh from her first …

Book News, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Science Fiction, Young Adult Books »

[24 Jul 2013 | 10 Comments | ]
The Host Giveaway!

Congrats to @melissa_marie21!  She’s the winner of The Host Giveaway!
This week I’m hosting a giveaway for a paperback, movie tie-in, copy of The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. The novel is autographed by Stephenie Meyer, Max Irons, and Saoirse Ronan. It is one of my favorite science fiction novels, and now I get to share it with one lucky winner! You can enter to win the prize a few different ways, and if you’re eager to win feel free to enter every way available!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

*You must have a U.S. mailing address to …

Book News, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Movie News, Paranormal, Ratings, Staff, Video, Young Adult Books »

[11 Jul 2013 | 4 Comments | ]

~~
I know what you’re thinking… Why in the world were you invited to the City of Bones movie set? Let me tell you, I wondered the same thing at first!  I am a HUGE fan of Cassandra Clare, and The Mortal Instruments were some of TST’s first Book(s) of the Month(s), way back when! You can read about my afternoon on set, or watch the videos… I hope you enjoy!
~~
After piling into a bus with several bloggers, we arrived at what looked like a warehouse. We each walked into a …

Blog Tour, Book News, Children's Books, Contest, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Middle Grade, Ratings »

[20 Jun 2013 | 2 Comments | ]
Matilda's 25th Anniversary

Matilda is turning 25 this year! Kind of unbelievable, right? How can it already be 25 years since this wonderfully witty, intelligent five-year-old sprang onto the literary scene, inspiring all of us to read more and fight the man with our powers of telekinesis (Er, or just wish we had powers of telekinesis)?
We’re all jealous of Matilda’s amazing abilities to move objects with her mind, but where does it come from? Miss Honey wonders the same thing:
“’A precocious child,’ Miss Honey said, ‘is one that shows amazing intelligence early on. You are …

3 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[25 May 2013 | 4 Comments | ]
Blog Tour/Review: Inception by Teal Haviland

Bookshelf Banter is excited to bring you an interview with the main character of Inception, Gabrielle.  I really enjoyed this character, and think you should get to know her before you read Teal Haviland’s debut novel…
1. Can you tell us what it’s like to be the Reaper of Karma?
Honestly, it is a huge burden to be tasked with a job that carries with it such significance whether or not those on the side of Light have success in winning the Great War. But, there is no other job I would …

4 Books, Book News, Dystopia, Fandom, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Mystery/Suspense, Paranormal, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books »

[30 Apr 2013 | No Comment | ]

It was a great relief to finally get my hands on The Eternity Cure, by Julie Kagawa. Kagawa definitely knows how to leave the reader hanging, and after reading The Immortal Rules I was itching to find out where Allie would end up. The second novel in The Blood of Eden Series didn’t have as much world building to hash through, and got down to business immediately.  This grabbed me from the first page, and I was hooked all the way to the “end”.
Allie’s story takes a turn in the …

4 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Contest, Fandom, Fiction, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, New Adult, Ratings, Reviews, Romance, Score, Staff »

[27 Apr 2013 | 2 Comments | ]
Blog Tour/Review: VAIN by Fisher Amelie

REVIEW:
Vain, by Fisher Amelie, was a refreshing read for me! Not only was I completely unaware of where the story would lead the main character, but it was also a great change for me in the New Adult genre.  (Side Note: New Adult should NOT translate to smut.) Vain offered a story that was insightful and encouraged self-reflection, but it remained entertaining.
Sophie is annoying for the first few chapters, and I think it helped me appreciate the journey she goes on as well as the changes she makes in her life.  Make …

2 Books, 3 Books, Book News, Contest, Fandom, Fiction, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, New Adult, Ratings, Reviews, Romance, Score, Staff »

[23 Apr 2013 | 8 Comments | ]
Review of Beautiful Disaster/Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster, by Jamie McGuire, was released in August of 2012, and Walking Disaster was just released this month.  The former is the story from Abby Abernathy’s POV, and she pushes past being the whiny bad girl, but still has a slew of issues to work through.  The latter is Travis Maddox’s POV, and he has spent his life avoiding the emotions by focusing on the physical.
I’ll start out by saying that this novel came highly recommended by a girlfriend of mine, and I usually like 80% of the novels …