Home » Book News, Fandom, Headline, Krystal, Movie News

“Outlander” Invades L.A.!

13 January 2014 7 Comments

Outlander34

Hang on to your kilts!

Thanks to the awesome people over at Starz, I was able take part in the Outlander fan event at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles this weekend.   Diana Gabaldon’s epic book series has been going strong for more than two decades now, and the action and romance is about to come to life on the small screen.  Producer Ron Moore (of Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica fame) is bringing the story to life as a new Starz television series, to air this summer on the network.  Fans from all over the country came to take part in a panel Q&A with author Gabaldon, producer Moore, and lead cast members Caitriona Balfe and Sam Heughan, who all took the chaos of the fandom completely in stride.

The event kicked off with some amazing conceptual artwork for the sets of Outlander, all of which looked amazing.  But the absolute best part of the afternoon was seeing the trailer for the very first time.  You guys!  Let’s talk about that trailer.  Claire, ’40s fashion, WWII, standing stones, Jamie on a horse-need I say more?  The footage looks incredible, and it leaves me DYING for the premiere (set for this summer)!  Take a look at all the goodness below:

*Sigh*  Okay, now that I’ve seen that trailer a couple of dozen times, let me say that if you haven’t read Diana’s series, you really must.  Like, go now and get a copy.  If you’re a long-time fan, your painful wait is almost over.  After listening to the actors and their responses to all of the fan questions and comments, I am totally sold on their dedication to the roles.  If you missed the live stream of the event, you can watch the entire event below (skip over to an hour and 16 minutes in to get started), and check out some of my pics from the fan gathering.

A huge thank you to Starz for a well-organized (seriously one of the best-run fandom experiences ever) event and lovely tea service.  You rock!  Be sure to check out their site for more content related to the production.

7 Comments »

  • Marjorie Kientz said:

    Well said!! You did a wonderful job on this Blog!!I only hope and pray everybody enjoyed it as much as I did!! Loved all the pictures!!

  • Teresa Rogers said:

    Wonderful post & photos! Lucky girl to be able to attend! I’m green with jealousy!

  • SEO Guide said:

    Great blog right here! Additionally your website rather a lot up very
    fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate hyperlink on your host?
    I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

    my web site SEO Guide

  • Lol Spider Yoga Stretch Pants Leggings said:

    When I was 16 years old, I broke a bone in my foot and, rather than seeing
    a doctor or getting an x-ray, I continued walking on it for days.
    Changing the time of day is one of the simplest ways to reconnect to yoga.
    The company, with its collection of yoga music CDs and DVDs intends to help an individual attain a
    state of purity, peace and tranquility.

    Here is my homepage Lol Spider Yoga Stretch Pants Leggings

  • hot girls in yoga pants facebook login home facebook home said:

    This type of lingerie shapes, tones, smoothes and sometimes even lifts the
    problem areas in the body. Women are especially susceptible to
    a leaky bladder after. They’re fitted at the hips and straight on down toward the knees.

    Here is my web page :: hot girls in yoga pants facebook login home facebook home

  • treatment for tinnitus ear ringing said:

    I am really happy to glance at this webpage posts which
    consists of llots of valuable data, thanks for providing these
    kinds off data.

    Feel free to surf to my website; treatment for tinnitus ear ringing

  • Rocket Builder ultimate review said:

    If you’re an entrepreneuir such as a business coach, speaker or
    author, the first thing you need too consider is that the
    study was conducted oon an e-commerce retailer.
    Many people think it actually cost thrm more money than they will earn if they take this type of class.
    No cost involved, except time, and the exposure will create a
    rippple effect sendinng your message farther across the web than a $100 000 SEO, traffic buying, and search engine submission campaign.