Home » 4 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Contest, Fandom, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Ratings, Reviews, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books

EXCLUSIVE: Veiled Shadows by Morgan Wylie

5 October 2013 7 Comments

VSblogtour1

EXCLUSIVE: Markings in Alandria

In Alandria, each race of magical beings have a visible mark—a tattoo—that shows itself when the individual comes of age, which is also when their magic reaches its maturity in abilities. The markings all have similar iridescent greenish-blue color for a specific reason (that I can’t tell you yet—Eeek!). Now, of course, most individuals know what race they belong to—it’s not a secret—but it helps to identify between the races. Alandrian markings are called Srontas. There are some other qualities to these markings that will begin to be revealed in the coming books so I’m not going to say too much at this point. BUT I will say that it has to do with their coloring. *What could it mean? What could it mean?* (as I rub my hands conspiratorily and utter an evil cackle: Muwuahahaha) Ok so maybe it’s not that crazy, but still it is not quite time. I digress…

In Silent Orchids, we start to see Kaeleigh’s markings—yes, I said markings plural, which is unheard of in Alandria—begin to be seen. She didn’t know what they were and to be honest she didn’t learn too much about them. Her markings are unusual for the average Alandrian. It is part of her discovering who she is that will help her understand more of what her markings mean. Here’s a conversation between Kaeleigh and Daegan about the markings:

“The marking on your wrist is similar to other markings I have seen called srontas, which relate to cultural backgrounds; however, I have never seen that particular one before—it’s different,” he said with a frown. “I don’t know what yours means, perhaps it’s a mistake.” Daegan seemed to be speaking more to himself than to Kaeleigh.

“Okay…” Kaeleigh began to say as she was thinking. “So, how did I get one of these… snortas marks?”

“Srontas,” he corrected her with a slight twinkle in his eyes. Then suddenly serious again, “I don’t know,” he said with frustration, running his fingers through his hair.

In Veiled Shadows, we see a little more of the markings being exposed. Specifically, we discover Chel’s marking as she flaunts it boldly and a bit provocatively in one scene. It was really fun being a part of the creative process for these markings. They are all originally created by the fantastic Eden Crane Design. I’m going to be unveiling them one by one on my site in the coming weeks so, unfortunately, all I’m going to be able to give you today is a tease ;) I’ll even tell you who they belong to, I’m just that nice.

This is Chel’s Shifter mark. What you don’t yet know about the shifter marks, is that well, they shift. When a shifter is preparing to shift, their mark swirls and morphs shifting the magical energies that make up a shifter to enable them to physically change in appearance.

The next one is Finn’s mark of the Elves. The magic of the Elves comes from natural light energies such as the moon, the sun, and the stars.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Tree of the deadVeiled Shadows Synopsis:

Shadows linger where light is obstructed, and truth is veiled.

Evil is an untreated disease in the once beautiful realm of Alandria.

Kaeleigh is faced with a revelation that she must reconcile. She will decide if discovering the truth is worth the unknown consequences to both herself and her friends.

Daegan, the Ferrishyn warrior, is conflicted by more than his loyalties, and is confronted with emotions he doesn’t know how to deal with. A choice must be made. A choice… that may cost him more than he ever wanted to give.

The Droch-Shúil—enforcers and servants of the ancient darkness—continue to cast their shadow over Alandria seeking those who can be turned to their side.

The magic of The Orchids is growing, but not everyone will survive what is to come.

Veiled Shadows is the second installment in The Age of Alandria series: the story of the Sol-lumieth’s quest for freedom of self and the power to battle the evil of the Droch-Shúil.

Review:

First, if you’re new to this series, click and check out my review for the first novel in The Age of Alandria Series, Silent Orchids. Now, if you feel comfortable moving on to Book 2, let me just tell you that you won’t be disappointed! Kaeleigh is still discovering more about who, and what, she is, and Daegan’s story makes it’s way to the forefront. I love Veiled Shadows, and while it answered some questions, it also left us guessing in regards to Finn and Chel.

I am giving Veiled Shadows 4 books on the bookshelf! The only thing that would have improved it is if there were ‘more’ of it. I wanted even more Daegan, Finn, and Chel, as well as more Hal, and more answers. We still have a lot in store for future books, and that’s definitely something to look forward to!

4books

Morgan-1

Morgan Wylie Bio:

Morgan Wylie, originally from the Pacific Northwest, now resides near Nashville, TN with her husband and daughter. She and her husband work everyday at their individual and combined creative pursuits while she learns to balance being “Mama”, wife, and mediator to the many voices and muses constantly chattering in her head.

Links:

Blog: http://www.morganwylie.net/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MWylieBooks

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MorganWylieBooks

Author Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6925274.Morgan_Wylie

Veiled Shadows Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18158716-veiled-shadows

Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/Morgan-Wylie/e/B00CMXX2SK/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Buy Links:

Amazon

Veiled Shadows: The Age of Alandria: Book Two (Volume 2)

BN

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/veiled-shadows-morgan-wylie/1116946704?ean=2940045269841

Kobo

http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/veiled-shadows-the-age-of-alandria-book-two

Smashwords

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/358266

7 Comments »

  • Morgan Wylie said:

    Thank you so much for having me on your site and your thoughts about the book!!

  • allied Moving and storage winnipeg said:

    When you go with selecting a properly credited relocation firm, make
    no mistake – they’re going to be following correct practices
    as well as safe guards to make sure your personal possessions show up safely and in good condition. Make
    that business plan impressive with an executive summary, description of your product, your goals and expected
    revenue, which your Canadian business can generate. The movers can easily clean the things from your house in very less time.

  • best hcg drops to buy in canada said:

    -The test was done incorrectly for example perhaps the test was
    not saturated entirely in urine. But before you buy HCG drops you should know how they work.
    The best time to take a pregnancy test is in the morning
    when your levels of HCG are at their highest.

    Feel free to surf to my blog – best hcg drops to buy in canada

  • hcg weight loss benefits said:

    Actually it is the conflict the animal suffers through having this substance forcibly pushed
    up its nose which causes the cancer to manifest, not the formaldehyde.
    Pregnancy is the only time when this hormone achieves.
    Just look online, and you will experience no trouble finding
    a life changing HCG diet clinic.

    My blog post … hcg weight loss benefits

  • marine freezer portable cold plates said:

    Furthermore, feeding live food is difficult as all live meals have a much higher risk in bringing bad bacteria or microorganisms that maybe harmful to your
    fish. The old art of stealth in carp fishing seems to be as dead as the dodo on most carp waters today and
    it seems to me that the average carp angler is so manically driven to get in a swim set up and
    cast out they have no idea it is far better to think
    like the fish and not an angler first and truly give carp the respect they deserve that will
    guarantee to give them the catches their strive so manically
    for. Of course, lots of methods have evolved to try to avoid spooking fish out of your swim or
    even stop them from stopping feeding in the possible case of some
    line shy fish, and having them leave your swim.

    Here is my web-site: marine freezer portable cold plates

  • weight loss pills said:

    This pregnancy hormone is a bit more complex than most women think.
    This is the opposite of other programs, in which ads must specify “results not typical. So, the question is, what has changed and how do we address the problem.

    my blog :: weight loss pills

  • West Palm Beach Moving Companies said:

    I have read so many articles or reviews concerning the blogger lovers but
    this piece of writing is truly a good article, keep it
    up.

    My page: West Palm Beach Moving Companies