Home » 5 Books, Blog Tour, Book News, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Historical, Kallieross, Mystery/Suspense, Ratings, Reviews, Romance, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books

A Spark Unseen Blog Hop – Day 9

19 September 2013 4 Comments
We are so excited to be a part of the ‘A Spark Unseen’ Blog Hop!  I’ve read both The Dark Unwinding (Book 1) and A Spark Unseen (Book 2), and love both! One of my favorite characters is Uncle Tully. He is an amazing inventor, with a quirky way of getting things done. Today we get to bring you some fun facts about Uncle Tully…
Quote 32

“It was for this those men upstairs had come, for the strange and wonderful contents of my uncle’s mind. And they could not have it.”
                                                                                                -Katharine, A Spark Unseen
Five things The Dark Unwinding and A Spark Unseen will NOT tell you about Uncle Tully:
*Before the devastating flood, Uncle Tully had planned to build a steam engine between the Upper and Lower Village, but that wouldn’t have been his first locomotive. He had already built a small one in the basement of Stranwyne, so servants could ride from one end of the house to the other. After all the servants had left and Uncle Tully became more interested in his automatons, the basement railroad was mostly forgotten.
*Uncle Tully realized the interesting ways that gyroscopes could be used when he was a child, counting the revolutions of spinning wheels when he became upset. This was a game Marianna created in order to calm him. Katharine created this exact same game many years later, never realizing that her grandmother had done it first. That Katharine would have him play the same way made perfect sense to Uncle Tully, of course.
*Uncle Tully owns two sets of identical clothes, so that Mrs. Cooper can sneak one set out to the laundry.
*Uncle Tully and Lane became friends when Lane began helping the toys look “real,” using things like cloth, feathers, and fur, and eventually plaster and paint. This seemed very “right” to Uncle Tully, as it did when Lane taught him how to read. That’s why Uncle Tully always insists that, “Lane knows what is right.”
*Uncle Tully builds machines that look like people so he “will not forget,” but also because “human machines” are so much easier for him to understand than the humans themselves. People are mysterious and unpredictable, and therefore frightening. But Uncle Tully always knows exactly what a machine will do.

 71y7D+5k-GL._SL1200_The thrilling sequel to Sharon Cameron’s blockbuster gothic steampunk romance, THE DARK UNWINDING, will captivate readers anew with mystery and intrigue aplenty.
When Katharine Tulman wakes in the middle of the night and accidentally foils a kidnapping attempt on her uncle, she realizes Stranwyne Keep is no longer safe for Uncle Tully and his genius inventions. She flees to Paris, where she hopes to remain undetected and also find the mysterious and handsome Lane, who is suspected to be dead.
But the search for Lane is not easy, and Katharine soon finds herself embroiled in a labyrinth of political intrigue. And with unexpected enemies and allies at every turn, Katharine will have to figure out whom she can trust–if anyone–to protect her uncle from danger once and for all.
Filled with deadly twists, whispering romance, and heart-stopping suspense, this sequel to THE DARK UNWINDING whisks readers off on another thrilling adventure.
4718web2Find Sharon Cameron:
Website – sharoncameronbooks.com
Twitter -@CameronSharonE
 Facebook – http://on.fb.me/19zQcRl
6sO0kWR
zfPECXi

4 Comments »

  • google said:

    Excellent blog right here! Also your web site
    a lot up very fast! What web host are you the usage of?
    Can I get your affiliate link on your host? I wish
    my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

    my web blog … google

  • pawn shops online engagement rings said:

    Hey there! I understand this is sort of off-topic but I needed
    to ask. Does running a well-established blog like yours take a large amount of work?
    I am brand new to blogging however I do write in my diary every day.
    I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience and thoughts online.
    Please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips for new aspiring bloggers.

    Appreciate it!

    my web page pawn shops online engagement rings

  • diamonds lyrics jonny craig said:

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on diamonds international cozumel.
    Regards

    my web page … diamonds lyrics jonny craig

  • senuke review warrior forum said:

    SEnuke assists you produce internet 2.0 accounts, produce profiles on the forum, produce accounts of
    book marks as well as make the Address, do keyword study
    and much more. SEnuke was so successful that all developers out
    there wanted to create a similar device and they tried really tough.
    Apart these modules SEnuke additionally have an integrated pinger as well as indexer.