Home » 5 Books, Book News, Contest, e-Novella, Fantasy, Genre, Headline, Kallieross, Reviews, Romance, Score, Staff, Young Adult Books

Tributary by Lisa T. Bergren (Review & Giveaway)

18 June 2012 45 Comments

The River of Time Series, by Lisa T. Bergren, is one of my new favorites!  I’ve been reading the series since the release of the second novelCascade, and they have found a warm and fuzzy place in my heart.  If you love a dash of romance, a dash of adventure, and a few dashing knights this is the series for you.  One specific reason I adore the two main characters, Gabi and Lia, is that I (oddly enough) relate to them. They are teenagers from our day and time that have time traveled to medieval Italy, and their reactions to people and circumstances are epic. (I’ve never traveled through time, no matter what you’ve heard, but I am pretty sure I would be a She-Wolf if I did!)

As life continues, in Tributary, for Gabi and Marcello, Lia is dealing with not quite fitting in.  Luca, the Captain of the Guard and Marcello’s cousin, is the first person to volunteer to help take her mind off her problem, but with war teetering in the balance everyone is focused on keeping the peace when an unexpected enemy enters their sphere.  The consistently quick pace of changing narratives had me flying through this e-novella.  Although a year has passed the characters stay true to themselves, and their struggles are endearing.  Each individual has a burden to bear, or a responsibility to consider, and the act of overcoming obstacles and cherishing those you love resonates through the series, especially in Tributary!

I give Tributary 5 books on the e-bookshelf!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

TRIBUTARY, a novella (1/2 the length of a normal novel), picks up a year after BOURNE… Lia struggles to overcome the fear that constant battle has heaped upon her; Gabi and Marcello face an unexpected crisis; and Lord Greco just may be ready to leave the grief and loss of his past behind him, so that he might grab hold of the future…

Click for Kallie’s Review of Waterfall, Cascade, & Torrent!

Click for Kallie’s Review of Bourne!

~

~

WATERFALL BOOK TRAILER:

Series Synopsis:

The River of Time Series: a teen time travel series in which two girls go from modern times to medieval Italy. Adventure, romance, suspense, and a hefty dose of conflict will hopefully make this series page-turners for young women…that’s my goal, anyway! I concepted the series after reading the Twilightseries with my teen.

WATERFALL (Book 1): Released February, 2011Get A SNEAK PEEK!

CASCADE (Book 2): Released June, 2011

TORRENT (Book 3): Released September, 2011

BOURNE (e-novella, Book 3.1): Releases late February, 2012 NOTE: This won’t be out in paper, only e (Kindle, Nook, etc.) It’s the continued story of our favorite characters in River of Time!

*TRIBUTARY is coming in June! It’s another e-novella, like BOURNE, picking up a year after we left the Betarrini and Forelli crew in Toscana. Lia and Luca are drawing closer together, Lord Greco may have met his match at last, and Gabi and Marcello face news that will change all of their lives. Oh, and yeah, the bad guys still want them all dead.

Learn more about the author, Lisa T. Bergren, by clicking HERE!

45 Comments »

  • Amber said:

    I would love to win cascade book

  • Lisa Bergren said:

    Thanks for being a loyal, She-Wolf reviewer and sharing your thoughts with your readers! 🙂

  • Sara said:

    I would love to win Waterfall because I have all the e-books and would love to add this series to my bookshelf.

  • melannie said:

    I want to win Cascade, because I already have Waterfall and I need to continue! D:

  • tori said:

    I love this series! Thanks for the review!

  • tori said:

    oh, and I want to win waterfall! 🙂

  • Lindsey V. said:

    Thank you so much for offering this givaway! I so love the River of Time series. -Lindsey V.

  • Sierra C. said:

    I love this series and I would love to win a copy of Waterfall since mine is falling apart! 🙂

  • Erika Childs said:

    I would love Cascade!

  • Jessica said:

    I think I would pick Waterfall if I won 😀

  • Holly said:

    I would LOVE to win Torrent!

  • Geena said:

    i would really like to win Tributary. (Does that count in this case?) If not, Waterfall!

  • gaby said:

    IU would love to win Torrent! It’s the best imho!!

  • LisaC said:

    I would love to win Waterfall so I can start what sounds like a great series.

  • Heather said:

    I would love to win Cascade!

  • Carolyn said:

    Great series! Fun to read over and over…

  • Hannah said:

    Great review and I love this series!! It would be great to win Waterfall, then I could share the first book in the series with my friends!!!! 😀

  • Lia Wallace said:

    I absolutely love this series! One of the best! And I always seem to want more 🙂

  • Lia Wallace said:

    If I win, I’d want a copy of Torrent.

  • Priscilla said:

    That is so neat!!! I can’t wait 🙂

  • fake tan applicator mitt said:

    I’ve gotten you started with an A through Z list of tips you should remember.
    He said that the initial thought was that he was going to wear a wig.
    As you look or tanning products, you will find that there are
    a wide variety of products out there for your to choose from.
    A remote was shown of Conan at the spray tanning salon, going a bit crazy with
    a spray bottle, spraying all kinds of things including an iphone.

    Overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the
    sun can cause significant damage to your skin.
    Getting your skin to just the right tone can be a
    challenge. Moving to some sunny place can be an effective means to get an all round glow.
    All of those are valid questions and the answer is that spray tans are safe, and are not
    made out of harmful chemicals. It’s best to test a little bit before mixing up a batch.
    First, avoid bathing, showering, swimming or perspiring in the hours immediately after getting a spray tan.

    Here is my homepage … fake tan applicator mitt

  • hcg quick weight loss diets said:

    No wonder then, that individuals are queuing up to purchase the HCG eating plan. This hormone is secreted by the
    cells of the newly forming placenta that
    has embedded itself into the lining of the
    uterus and will later be secreted by the placenta itself as the pregnancy progresses.
    These drops are apt for anyone above 16 years of
    age be it a sportsperson, working qualified,
    a model or anyone else. s name, bio and website links
    must remain intact and be included with every reproduction. Do your research, weigh the risks and benefits, and then decide whether the HCG diet is your best option or simply
    another danger to your health. What Are The Health Benefits of the supplement HCG.
    While the best HCG diet centers in Atlanta GA can improve a
    person’s life in no time, it is important to note that not every clinic is the same.
    Therefore, if you are interested to try the h – CG weight loss program, you should find out the problems that may arise from
    following the h – CG diet and its side effects.  The
    HCG diet promises that you can lose 30 pounds in 30 days.
    Doctor Emma explains that the Simeons’  protocol in her opinion is wrong.

    Feel free to surf to my site – hcg quick weight loss diets

  • best hcg drops brand said:

    But keep in mind the key to lose weight through walking is walking in slow manner and in a rhythm.
    It is also known as human chorionic gonadotropin which is for regulating the development of the embryo.

    For you to avoid these side effects, it is necessary to take supplements,
    such as those recommended by Dr.

    my weblog: best hcg drops brand

  • deck strawberry freezer jam without pectin said:

    Sensors in doctor’s surgical gloves can help prevent accidents or assist a surgical procedure.
    Remember though, fish doesn’t get better with age – use it or lose
    it. While these are the major things represented on the control board, you unit may have additional items represented,
    including surface clutter, structure, second returns and
    thermoclines.

    Check out my page deck strawberry freezer jam without pectin

  • boca boca raton accounting firms said:

    When you pass the CPA exam you have literally
    opened the door to a world of opportunities. Module 1:
    The fundamentals: This module is about usual tactics of CPA
    promotion and marketing and advertising and marketing. t have to ship goods and many
    other troubles you don.

    Here is my weblog … boca boca raton accounting firms

  • dark fake tan said:

    I’ve gotten you started with an A through Z list of tips you should remember.

    Even any guy who happens to be fair skinned one could be turned
    into a person with proper color skin. Dihydroxyacetone also has an effect on the amino acids and nucleic acids which is bad for the skin [ Most people lather on the fake tan before stepping out into the real sun, and ironically, that’s the problem. However, proper protection is necessary as the UV rays emitted by these beds are three times more dangerous than the rays that are emitted by the sun. This works by interacting with the dead surface cells found in the outermost layer of the skin; this then produces color change. Your skin is just as susceptible to burning as it was before you applied the self-tanner. Sun Laboratories is a spray tan company that specializes in manufacturing high quality spray tanning products. Get Your Skin Ready The first thing you need to do before you buy any sunless tan product is to make sure that your skin is healthy. Furthermore, that area on your back is very smooth and your artist will be able to offer you anything you want. If you are looking for a product like the “Tan Overnight Self Tanning Lotion 27 Set,” you can find this on their website along with the “Tan Overnight Self Tanning Lotion 8 Set.

    my blog post; dark fake tan

  • dash clothing boutique dress kim kardashian said:

    Their ringer t-shirt will be the type connected women’s clothing used mostly
    as their sports uniform. The website will have a special section called “The Rainbow
    Connection“, which will serve as a social media site for children. Many
    people are interested in knowing these and thus,
    if one is looking to start a fashion website, all they have to do is to include this aspect to their portal along with pictures as well.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage: dash clothing boutique dress kim kardashian

  • その他グッズ マフラー said:

    Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this website.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s difficult to get that “perfect balance”
    between superb usability and visual appearance.
    I must say that you’ve done a great job with this.
    Also, the blog loads very fast for me on Opera.
    Outstanding Blog!

    Have a look at my blog post; その他グッズ マフラー

  • west palm beach movers west palm beach said:

    Residences developed within a 5 to ten moment stroll of the middle.
    If you start practicing them immediately, you may find yourself
    getting on with your life and experiencing a heady freedom by tomorrow.
    It must be active in the moving industry for more than ten years.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage :: west palm beach movers west palm beach

  • chloe sims black ponytail updos for wedding said:

    The Food and Drug Administration has also tested them safe.

    To talk about the beginning or the end of a past occurrence:.
    It is important to know some of the secrets of getting a great fake tan before
    getting sprayed down.

    Here is my web page chloe sims black ponytail updos for wedding

  • spray tan Before and after Pics said:

    This artificial fragrance, alcohols will create pain and skin irritation. It is important to do any waxing at
    least twenty four hours or so in advance of applying any tan (fortunately, you will likely
    know about any big days or nights in advance so you will be able to do so) as
    not only will waxing afterwards remove the tan you have applied,
    waxing can also lead to dark dots on the skin which can collect the tan in the follicles:
    needless to say. My personal preference having used both mediums is the lotion, or
    the sunless tanner spray, sprayed on and then rubbed in.

    My homepage :: spray tan Before and after Pics

  • bodycon dress plus size said:

    Overlap the start of your bandage conveniently, making sure that it stays in location after
    you remove it from your hand. 24 hours following your surgical
    procedure, you can now take out the dressings to cleanse your wound from a couple of dried blood or crusts.
    Social media marketing tool is an effective one in order to promote celebrity dresses.

    My page; bodycon dress plus size

  • marine chest freezer lock said:

    Houseboats in Echuca are ideal houseboats which have the accommodations that allow you to relax and explore the lake with
    all the comforts of any regular home. At times, your sailing instructor may need to issue an order and have it followed immediately.
    Here are the guild quests along with a handy location and a
    listing of the reward for completion.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site: marine chest freezer lock

  • spray tanning supplies georgia said:

    But the catch here is that you need to find a good hair transplant surgeon to
    do the job, if you really want good results. Relentless
    was now full of “old” players who weren’t interested in playing, but
    were interested in keeping the power. It has been approved by the National Sanitation department.

    Feel free to surf to my web page spray tanning supplies georgia

  • fort ft lauderdale CPA firms said:

    Because your balance sheet is a snapshot of your business
    at any given time, it needs the totals from your general ledger sub-accounts.
    The second big mistake is nearly as important as the first, and that’s fearing, rather than respecting the IRS.
    ”John responded, “What should I do with your ashes.

    Look at my weblog fort ft lauderdale CPA firms

  • deck plans for Above ground pools 24' said:

    You don’t want to linger until the last minute to make your plan so I would recommend reading
    the waterway guidebook in advance. Given a choice,
    our primates will eat nothing but bananas. Bait casting are multiplying
    reels, with the spool mounted above the rod.

    My page: deck plans for Above ground pools 24′

  • noni juice benefits said:

    noni juice benefits

  • investasi masa depan said:

    investasi masa depan

  • rablók said:

    Everything is very open with a clear explanation of
    the issues. It was definitely informative.
    Your website is very helpful. Thank you for sharing!

  • web design pueblo said:

    I believe everything posted made a lot of sense.
    However, consider this, suppose you were to create a awesome title?
    I ain’t saying your information is not good., however what if you added a post title to maybe grab a
    person’s attention? I mean Bookshelf Banter

  • appcakeforyou.wordpress.com said:

    It may well be ideal for you in carrying out presentation. It discovers that
    it’s in fact jailbroken and gives you the message above, if successfully.
    Having said that, there’s a pattern that more android programmers will get to
    the trade.

  • Sejarah said:

    Nice books.
    I hope I win the giveaway 😀