Pretty Amy Blog Tour & A Giveaway
We are super excited to be a part of Lisa Burstein’s Pretty Amy Blog Tour today! We have a wonderful interview with Lisa, as well as a GIVEAWAY of Pretty Amy in e-book form. Keep reading to learn more about Pretty Amy, Lisa Burstein, and how YOU can WIN your own copy of this fantastic book!
Here’s the Book Synopsis from Amazon.com:
1. Because we cover anything entertainment related, in conjunction with the books we review, we have a favorite question we like to ask. Do you think Pretty Amy would make a good movie? Is there anyone you think would be good as a cast member? I think it would be a GREAT movie. There was a reviewer that compared it to Juno without the cute spunky girl. Amy is anything but cute and spunky . I would cast her as Saoirse Ronan.
2. If someone were to write a book about your life, what do you think the most prominent theme would be? Humor.
3. I’m sure it’s nerve-wracking to release a novel out into the world. What is the one scene from the book that you are most nervous to have people read?
The scene in the church bathroom. I can’t say more, but if you’ve read the book you know why .
4. What has been the toughest criticism you’ve been given as an author? Best compliment? How did you handle those comments?
Toughest criticism was from an early draft of PRETTY AMY where I was told she was an unlikeable character. I dealt with it by going back to the drawing board and making her more sympathetic. Best compliment, nothing in particular, but there is no better feeling than when someone gets and loves your book and I have been getting quite a bit of that lately.
5. What is the one thing you really want readers to take away with them after reading Pretty Amy?
That they are not alone, that other people feel scared, alone, unsure of who they are supposed to be and want to be. That there is a life after high school, that there is a life in high school and they can get there.
6. When you’re not writing you own books, what is your favorite genre/subgenre to read?
YA or any contemporary books.
7. How did you come up with the idea of Pretty Amy? Was there one thing that set the idea in motion?
I was arrested during my senior year of high school, not for the same reason Amy was, but that was where the kernel came from. I also knew I wanted to write a “shocking” book from a teenage girl’s point of view. I feel like you can get away with your character being a murderer, or a jerk, or just a smart ass more easily if your book isn’t contemporary and I wanted to try to break that mold with PRETTY AMY. I also wanted to write a contemporary YA book that was about what real teens go through. I feel like teenage girl’s lives are complex and I hoped to show that in PRETTY AMY.
8. What is one habit you wish you could change about yourself?
Worrying too much.
9. If you could choose four authors, dead or alive, to make up your very own dream critique group, who would they be?
Lori Notaro, Margaret Atwood, John Green, Courtney Summers
10. Finally, we like to end with a few quick, or short answer, questions fired at you. Tell us the first thing that pops into your head.
Chocolate or vanilla: vanilla
Scruff or clean-shaven men: both
Tattoos or piercings: piercings
Favorite donut: apple fritter
Believe in love in first sight: yup, had it with my husband
Biggest fear: failure of any type
Yes, this giveaway is open to all! Remember, it is for an e-book so make sure you have an electronic reader or App that can handle e-books if you are entering. To enter to win: Comment below and tell us about one of your past prom experiences or what your dream prom night would be like! That’s it! The contest will be closed on April 30th at Midnight Central Standard Time. A special THANK YOU to Entangled Teen for providing the copy of Pretty Amy for this giveaway!