Home » Book News, Headline, Movie News

Suzanne Collins Reacts To Katniss Casting

21 March 2011 48 Comments

EW has an exclusive statement from author Suzanne Collins, who discusses her thoughts on the casting of Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen!  Click here to read more of her reaction to the news!

“Dear Readers,

We have found Katniss.

As the author, I went into the casting process with a certain degree of trepidation. Believing your heroine can make the leap from the relative safety of the page to the flesh and bones reality of the screen is something of a creative act of faith. But after watching dozens of auditions by a group of very fine young actresses, I felt there was only one who truly captured the character I wrote in the book.  And I’m thrilled to say that Jennifer Lawrence has accepted the role.

In her remarkable audition piece, I watched Jennifer embody every essential quality necessary to play Katniss. I saw a girl who has the potential rage to send an arrow into the Gamemakers and the protectiveness to make Rue her ally. Who has conquered both Peeta and Gale’s hearts even though she’s done her best to wall herself off emotionally from anything that would lead to romance. Most of all, I believed that this was a girl who could hold out that handful of berries and incite the beaten down districts of Panem to rebel. I think that was the essential question for me. Could she believably inspire a rebellion? Did she project the strength, defiance and intellect you would need to follow her into certain war? For me, she did.”

48 Comments »

  • Racism, Hollywood, and The Hunger Games | Imagine Today said:

    […] am so disappointed in the producers, director, casting director of this book, as well as in Gail Collins herself who made a positive statement about the casting of Katniss that never even men…. I think mostly, though, I am disappointed to be a part of a society that by and large just sits by […]

  • plumbers boca raton area code said:

    Just follow the instructions, every person can fix these problems.
    Keeping your home plumbing running smoothly is not a difficult job.
    This can be an especially difficult task if you have oily
    skin.

    my web page :: plumbers boca raton area code

  • best summer camps for boys delray beach said:

    A very challenging set of obstacles that demanded individual effort
    and teamwork. The path to safety is easier than you think as there are only four steps.
    ; learning Music Theory, Performance, Chamber Music and how to listen in an orchestra.
    If you will take a moment and notice what you are holding onto about past situations, it
    will reveal a lot about your current situation. Figure out
    exactly what you are trying to accomplish with enrollment,
    your child’s skill level, and the experience
    of the instructors to determine the most suitable fit.
    The vocabulary should consist of primary colors, secondary colors, and complimentary colors.
    Other youthful, at ease and friendly people from all over the
    world. Further, day camps are as well a great way to teach children regarding responsibilities.

    If you happen to be in an environment that will disturb others by counting aloud, whisper instead.
    In addition, they are mostly coed camps for both young adult males and females.

    my web-site … best summer camps for boys delray beach

  • dunnage do box elder bugs bite said:

    rear bumper and brackets and replaced it with a 65″ long 3″
    dia. Gas BBQ grills and stereo cockpit speakers plus showers on large swim platforms make an awesome adventure.
    Could I ask the Sheriff for trespass tickets and reveal my pettiness.

    Review my web blog dunnage do box elder bugs bite

  • spray tanning equipment said:

    She was always tan, whether from a tanning bed or spray tan I don’t
    know. Spray tan should be you’re only thought for a
    natural looking glow for any occasion.  Don’t
    forget to check out Tips on Removing Sunless Tanner – Photo Courtesy of:.
    To maintain the tan, use a gradual build up self tanner every 2-3 days.
    – Pop Up Tent: You will definitely need a spray tan tent even if
    you are tanning from home, going mobile or tanning in a fixed salon. Whichever method you choose to lose the offensive fake tan, just pick one.
    However, the World Health Organization recently added tanning beds to the top tier of lethal carcinogens, right up there with
    tobacco, arsenic, and hepatitis B. Since we want to make our guide for your non-traditional projects as comprehensive as possible, we’re also
    including some resources and templates that don’t fit as
    nicely in the categories above, but we think you will find them
    to be valuable. This will help assure that you are not allergic to the product
    or that your skin is not sensitive to the product. If you have a special event you want a tan for or you’ve booked a last minute holiday
    then being able to achieve a sunless tan at home means you can do
    this very quickly.

    My web page: spray tanning equipment

  • celebrity short dresses for sale said:

    Okay, so you have a decent starting portfolio of ‘glamour photography’ shots
    you’ve taken and assembled to show the possibilities of your range and depth of photographic artistry.
    Readers may refer to a related article entitled The Best Fashion Merchandising Degree Schools
    in the U. Broadband and problematic stunts are their pastime right now.

    Feel free to visit my web-site – celebrity short dresses for sale

  • jonny lee miller said:

    Under the bonnet, Audi claims the new facelifted A4 will be offered with
    a range of engines that is 11 percent more fuel efficient than the current generation, despite a significant increase in power and torque output.
    Normally students can finish their nursing degree through
    this program within three years, in which the first year will
    be devoted to entry-level nursing course work. Unlike
    other muscles in your body, your facial exercise are connected as skin and bone,
    forming a cushion for the skin to relax.

    my weblog :: jonny lee miller

  • tan said:

    Unlike outdoor sun tanning it is a sunless tanner which can provide best in class solutions to one and all for their tanning needs.
    You can buy swimsuits in floral and island prints to
    add more fun to your look at the beach. This way you can simply wear a light robe to
    prevent any post tan smearing issues.

  • spray tan system said:

    The results in the image below were achieved by setting the Strength at 10 and clicking twice.
    In order to get a rich and spotless tan while keeping your
    skin smooth and glowing, it is necessary to use the best
    quality tanning products. Exfoliating removes the dead skin cells, which means that the tanner will dye the skin which is
    likely to last for a far longer period of time.

    my web page … spray tan system

  • weight loss blogs hcg index said:

    The B5 Regimen is a treatment plan that utilizes Vitamin B5
    to cure acne. Let these mistakes be your motivation for enhancing your body further.
    It is a bit pricey, but is well worth the extra money.

    Here is my web site: weight loss blogs hcg index

  • Capillus272 Las Vegas said:

    It is suitable for use even on those tender parts of the body.
    Vitamin C is found in many foods, notably the citrus group.
    Warm water opens up the cuticle allowing you to clean the hair shaft, but
    if you use warm water to rinse your hair the cuticle will stay open allowing moisture in and the hair shaft to swell.

    My webpage Capillus272 Las Vegas

  • small boat refrigerators said:

    Islamorada tarpon fishing involves the fishing
    of an prehistoric rare fish tarpon through the scientific
    name Magalops Atlanticus which is a prehistoric fish considered to be one in every of the
    diverse & interesting creatures across the country which can be
    present in both side of Atlantic also referred to as as
    the tarpum tarpon or else the silver king due to it’s majestic appearance &
    colour which lays 15 million eggs. The old art of stealth in carp fishing seems to be as dead as the dodo on most
    carp waters today and it seems to me that the average carp
    angler is so manically driven to get in a swim set up
    and cast out they have no idea it is far better to think like the fish and not an angler first and
    truly give carp the respect they deserve that
    will guarantee to give them the catches their strive so manically for.
    Use your guam tar on the net trap and go at least two squares
    away from it.

    Check out my web page – small boat refrigerators

  • lasercap breast lift before and after said:

    For some women, losing hair is a symptom of a medical problem.

    During the treatment, the area is protected by using a dynamic cooling device
    that spreads cryogen onto the skin to cool the upper layer and facilitates you
    maximum comfort. Warm water opens up the cuticle
    allowing you to clean the hair shaft, but if you use
    warm water to rinse your hair the cuticle will stay open allowing moisture in and the hair
    shaft to swell.

    my blog post: lasercap breast lift before and after

  • vps. virtual private servers, openvz, kvm, windows vps said:

    I merely cannot get away from your site before indicating i always particularly experienced the common details anyone present for your site visitors? Is going to be returning frequently so that you can vps. virtual private servers, openvz, kvm, windows vps look at brand new threads

  • Rejuven8 Eye Gel said:

    This article is actually a good one it assists new internet people, who are wishing for blogging.

  • Cleanse Blast Trial said:

    When someone writes an paragraph he/she retains the plan of a user in his/her brain that how a
    user can understand it. Therefore that’s why this article is
    outstdanding. Thanks!

  • url.health.am said:

    Es aquí donde se prosigue conservando la tradición de venta de caseros
    y tenderos que ofrecen productos traídos de forma directa de su huerta.

  • forex real said:

    An intriguing discussion is worth comment. I do believe that you need to
    publish more on this subject matter, it may not be a taboo matter
    but generally people do not speak about such topics. To
    the next! Cheers!!

  • scammer said:

    It’s awesome in favor of me to have a web site, which is beneficial for my experience.

    thanks admin

  • ts.pwr.ro said:

    ts.pwr.ro

  • Muaythailab.com said:

    Hiya very nice website!! Man .. Excellent .. Wonderful ..
    I’ll bookmark your website and take the feeds
    also? I’m satisfied to seek out a lot of helpful information right here in the publish,
    we need develop more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing.
    . . . . .

  • Cellology Ingredients said:

    It’s awesome in favor of me to have a web page, which is beneficial designed for my knowledge.
    thanks admin

  • 33years.org said:

    There are numerous spy phone software in market today,
    but one should go through more than one product before getting it for their phones.

    This is why having best suited and comprehensive DMS able to control it accordingly has become a key factor.
    The most high-priced approach is Flexi – Spy-Professional-X.

  • Sharyn said:

    The cost of event tents may differ according to the size aand the accessories.
    Rekax and try to take in all the ppleasurable elements the areas provide.
    ‘It really is a fledgling industry in the United States.

  • adult cam chat business said:

    adult cam chat business

  • Pure Natural Fucoxanthin review said:

    you’re truly a excellent webmaster. The web site loading pace is
    amazing. It seems that you’re doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterwork.
    you’ve done a magnificent process in this subject!

  • find keywords=0 said:

    Link exchange is nothing else except it is just placing the other person’s
    blog link on your page at proper place and other person will also do similar in favor
    of you.

  • free Mens razor said:

    Great blog here! Also your site loads up fast!What host are you using?
    Cann I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

  • Home Internet Careers University said:

    Good information. Lucky me I ran across your site by accident
    (stumbleupon). I’ve bookmarked it for later!

    my web site Home Internet Careers University

  • Hippo Deal said:

    This world class and wonderful city offer visitors and
    local people equal chances to meet singles and start relationships.

    To be named, you must have at least 98% of the positive value by other
    e – Bay users. Motherboards in particular can be confusing to look at for a beginner.

  • linux and unix said:

    Greetings from Colorado! I’m bored at work so I decided to browse your
    blog on my iphone during lunch break. I love the info you
    provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
    I’m amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my phone ..
    I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, fantastic blog!

  • Tobias said:

    Rather, they focus on the actual distribution sizes of the foods.
    We ate the pizza, although I would certainly much rather experienced the spaghetti,
    but my mood lightened enough for me personally to get back in the car.
    The research will help consultants, industry analysts and vendors to get in-depth knowledge of the current, past and future performance of the industry.
    It is a single of the couple providers that could increase its revenues while in the economic downturn. They are ideal for people that have a hectic lifestyle and argue that they do not
    have time for 3 meals per day.

  • bicicleta fitness ieftina said:

    It’s amazing to go to see this site and reading the views of all friends about
    this piece of writing, while I am also zealous of getting knowledge.

  • download said:

    I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish.

    nonetheless, you command get got an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following.
    unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly
    the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.

  • Purchase League of Legends Unranked Account said:

    Good post. I learn something new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
    It’s always exciting to read articles from other writers and use a little something from their sites.

  • electrical protection company south africa said:

    electrical protection company south africa

  • website design inspiration gallery said:

    I find that there is very small clutch of people that
    have contributed to the bulk of Indian design publishing and
    it will be pertinent to make use of this platform to evaluation some of these even if there is a need to look much deeper and increase on this
    statement as we go ahead from here.

  • Water Storage Tank said:

    Hey Danke fuer die schoene Zeit hier. Macht weiter so. Da kommt man gerne wieder.

  • web site said:

    Humana People to People organizations
    Humana People to People organizations also mobilize financing for development projects through transnational
    organizations, governments, foundations, UN agencies and personal bestower in Europe, North America and Asia.
    The partnerships provided genuine, shared passions in making development for people
    via one or more of the Humana People to People concepts.
    Networking among the Humana People to People organizations across continents creates a directly
    as well as meaningful partnership between individuals these very different parts of the earth.

    Humana People to People has developed a unique model
    In Africa, Humana People to People has evolved a specific model for those poor children named
    Children’s Town. These are boarding schools with a
    full-time program, where children reside and have lessons in academic and useful life skills .
    The kids have counseling access to help them conquer difficulties from the past; all with the intention of granting the children lead a safe productive life later in life.

    Schools for kids are arranged around basic education, constructive discipline and state applied examinations.
    As the basic element of the different schools
    they often find goals such as the growth of every child to become an active part of and a member of the national endeavor for the much better future.

  • scie circulaire sur table comparatif said:

    I believe that is one of the such a lot important info for me.
    And i’m glad studying your article. However should observation on some
    general things, The website taste is wonderful, the articles is
    truly nice : D. Just right task, cheers

  • Susan said:

    Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was
    super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to the whole thing.

    Do you have any tips for first-time blog writers?
    I’d certainly appreciate it.

  • fier de calcat ieftin said:

    Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly
    enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer
    but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for novice blog writers?
    I’d definitely appreciate it.

  • cele Mai bune Polizoare unghiulare said:

    hi!,I really like your writing very much! percentage we be in contact more about your post
    on AOL? I need an expert in this space to unravel my problem.
    May be that is you! Taking a look forward to peer you.

  • test said:

    What’s up, I desire to subscribe for this website
    to obtain most recent updates, so where can i do it please assist.

  • microscopio bueno said:

    I pay a visit daily some sites and websites to read content, however this web site presents quality based writing.

  • mejores auriculares bluetooth del 2017 said:

    If some one needs to be updated with latest technologies then he must be pay
    a quick visit this web page and be up to date daily.

  • Ehalfa.com said:

    Hey There. I discovered your weblog the use of msn. This is an extremely neatly written article.
    I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read extra
    of your useful info. Thank you for the post. I’ll definitely return.

  • Gavin said:

    I’m gone to convey my little brother, that he
    should also go to see this web site on regular basis to take updated from hottest news update.